2003 Server which was an AD Server had a Problem. (3 other AD Servers ok) This one is my backup exec server and wsus server too as well as holding a few hundred profiles.

Had a problem trying to extend a raid 5 server (Paragon Partition Manager Server 10 mangled it). So have had to go to backup tapes, Symantec Backup Exec 12. Have gone through Symantec's doc on restoring 236286. creating new server with same name etc, ADRestore Mode (But NON AUUTHORATIVE RESTORE as the others have carried on happily). But what I have ended up with starts up and you can login but throws out errors about possibly being another computer on the domain with the same name or password for computer account not recognized. And kerberos authentication error among others. (A couple are below)

A bit of reading suggests that I should be able to move the server into a workgroup and back again to sort it out. (Or reset system account) But i'm not keen with it being a AD domain controller it's just making my hair stand up.... (Or is that the 2 hours sleep in the last 48 as i've tried to sort it out.) Has anyone had anything similiar and tried this and it worked? It would be really nice to know what went wrong with the restore too as I did seem to follow the vague instructions to the best of my ability.

>>>>>>>>>>

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3210
Date: 04/08/2009
Time: 07:11:10
User: N/A
Computer: GGGGG
Description:
This computer could not authenticate with \\EEEEE.MYDOMAIN.local, a Windows domain controller for domain MYDOMAIN, and therefore this computer might deny logon requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another computer on the same network using the same name or the password for this computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again, contact your system administrator.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: LSASRV
Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
Event ID: 40960
Date: 04/08/2009
Time: 07:11:10
User: N/A
Computer: GGGGG
Description:
The Security System detected an authentication error for the server cifs/LLLLLL.mydomain.local. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "The attempted logon is invalid. This is either due to a bad username or authentication information
<<<<<<<<<<<