+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange resend in Technical; Hi guys, Had a slightly weird thing happen on our mail server recently. It only seems to have happened to ...

Thank Post

Exchange resend

Hi guys,

Had a slightly weird thing happen on our mail server recently. It only seems to have happened to 2 people so far but if I could understand why a little better than maybe I could stop it from happening again or at least know why it did it.
    For some reason these 2 people had old e-mails that they had recieved ages ago resend themselves. If you look in Exchange system manager they show the original mail sent, going through the usual steps and then being deleivered to the users mailbox. Only to show the same thing happening months later (ie: submitted to advanced queueing, catagorizer etc..)
    That particular piece of e-mail had multiple recipients and only this one guy received it again.
    Now I understand if this was sent to a user that it couldn't resolve and get bounced back. But this was sent to an internal e-mail address (all the recipients were internal), with no errors or problems shown.

Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    I'm presuming you've checked the sender's account (you said all were internal) and it's not something as simple as it being resent by the sender (accidentally)

Thank Post
    Yes. But one would assume anyway that if by some strange occurrence it was resent by his computer then everyone on the recipient list would have received it. Not just this one chap. That and the sent date would have changed. But it is still showing the original sent date on it.

Thank Post
    It still sounds like a client issue to me, maybe a draft got saved and then sent to perhaps the original one recipient or stuck in the outbox. Can't see why exchange would randomly pull up an old email and send to a couple of its original recipients.

Thank Post
    Aha! I thought this was just us, we've had it happen a couple of times recently. I can't help you (besides the fact that no, you're not imagining it ) - it really isn't a user thing, on which you'll just have to trust me. Sorry

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread