+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, MRBS Scripts in Technical; Hi all I am trying to book periods into rooms with an SQL script into mrbs_entry for several different rooms ...
    Thank Post

Post MRBS Scripts

Hi all

I am trying to book periods into rooms with an SQL script into mrbs_entry for several different rooms for each term, so far I have managed to create scripts for each room that books the periods for the rooms for a whole week and that works great.

The problem I am having is that when I created the script for repeating the bookings into mrbs_repeat is that the script inserts ok and shows up in the query browser in the mrbs_repeat but it does not populate the rooms on the web interface.

I know that when you do repeat a booking on the web interface it makes two entries into the database one for mrbs_repeat and then in the mrbs_entry it creates entries depending on how many weeks you I have booked ahead.

So my question is really, has any one managed to figure out how to to create repeat bookings with a script that will work.

My setup is on a windows server 2003 I am not sure whether it will make any difference?

Thanks

J

Thank Post
    I don't know anything about server scripting.

When I did it, I just created many single bookings since the "repeat" feature didn't really work for a 2 week timetable. I was trying to put our entire timetable for the whole school into MRBS so we could use it for booking any room or facility during or outside school hours.

My original post with the (Access) database that created all the entries for different dates is here.

It's certainly not perfect (or finished) but it worked for me and you may be able to build on it.

Simon

3. Thanks to NotSoFast from:

walkden-high (7th June 2009)

Thank Post

Thumbs up MRBS Scripts

Thanks for your feedback Simon what you have done so far looks good, you have obviously put a lot of time and effort in to it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread