+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, mapping printers via .vbs & GPO in Technical; Originally Posted by techie211 thanks all, the scripts I have and the scripts that were posted here all work if ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie211 View Post
    thanks all, the scripts I have and the scripts that were posted here all work if I run them locally. My problem is the workstations are not pulling down scripts. I've checked permissions on the printers, I've tried different types of scripts .vbs, .bat, which all work if run locally btw. I have 'Loopback processing mode' enabled. I've tried adding the scripts in the 'Startup' and 'Logon'. I've tried what 'Gerry' suggested.
    what I've done for now since I have folder redirect is I created a 'printer' folder in the labs Start/Programs and added the printer's shortcut in that folder. Once the user logs on they double click the printer and it installs it into the 'Printers and Faxes'. I would still like to know why a simple task like mapping printers seems so complicated
    as i suggested use the startup script to copy a shorcut to the printer script to c:\documetns and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup that way every logon it runs it from the server

Thank Post
    @techie211: Sorry for not replying sooner.

The group policy is added to the Computer Configuration. Here it can take up to a few hours for the policy to become active, and as I mentioned our desktops won't install the drivers unless we log-in with an admin account first (we haven't figured out why yet-hoping Server 2008 will sort it out when we switch...)

For the odd staff PC that isn't a member of the room's group in Active Directory, we add a shortcut to the script in All Users->Startup.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12