+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange 2003 Problems in Technical; Hi All! Just recently updated my companies servers and we now use the exchange server on one of the old ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Exchange 2003 Problems

Hi All!

Just recently updated my companies servers and we now use the exchange server on one of the old servers which is directly connected to a ADSL connection, we use the ADSL connection as a backdoor if you like out into the internet due to the local council makes us use there internet which is a pain in the back side!, although recently when installing exchange it just not working right, we have got to do the external web access to the mail sever and the website with the dns but we cannot receive incoming emails or outgoing i checked all the settings and pointed it to the domain anyone got an idea il be really great full thanks!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liamvaughan View Post
    Hi All!

Just recently updated my companies servers and we now use the exchange server on one of the old servers which is directly connected to a ADSL connection, we use the ADSL connection as a backdoor if you like out into the internet due to the local council makes us use there internet which is a pain in the back side!, although recently when installing exchange it just not working right, we have got to do the external web access to the mail sever and the website with the dns but we cannot receive incoming emails or outgoing i checked all the settings and pointed it to the domain anyone got an idea il be really great full thanks!

are you getting mail bounced back?

Thank Post
    I get mail bounced back from hotmail although this was classed as spam until i unblock the ip from the list although i cant send mail to the address to send it

Thank Post
    Few things you can try:

1. Using telnet on your exchange server, try and connect to an external mail server on port 25.
    2. Do the reverse - outside your LAN, check you can telnet into your mail server on port 25.
    3. Check whether you need to have your ISP setup as your SMTP host/gateway (here we have our own exchange server, but send mail to nildram (Our ISP) in exchange
    4. Using nslookup, check that the MX records point to your exchange server external IP

eg, by typing

nslookup
    set type=mx
    somedomain.com

It should give you the IP address of your exchange box/firewall

The checks above will show if there is actually a route insideand out for smtp email, if they fail you should check your firewall/IP setup.
    Last edited by klawd; 14th May 2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong button

Thank Post
    Depending who your ADSL ISP is they may also be throttling SMTP traffic in which case you will have to use their SMTP server as a forwarder (similar for receiving too)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread