+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange 2003/OWA Problem in Technical; We have a problem with a particular users mailbox. They can recieve e-mail and the e-mails will stay in the ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2003/OWA Problem

We have a problem with a particular users mailbox. They can recieve e-mail and the e-mails will stay in the inbox until they are read. When they are read they automatically get deleted! T

he user only uses OWA and there are no rules setup on the inbox and as far as I can see no options that would perform such an action. It seems to be only affecting this user, at the moment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adam.

Thank Post
    I've had this here a couple of times. Did not look too much into it but after deleting the mailbox and then re-establishing it works again.

Thank Post

Mailbox Problem

If you delete the mailbox and re-create won't you lose all the users e-mail?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantech View Post
    If you delete the mailbox and re-create won't you lose all the users e-mail?
    I think he means deleting it and then re-attaching the deleted mailbox to the same user. I could be wrong though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffkins View Post
    I think he means deleting it and then re-attaching the deleted mailbox to the same user. I could be wrong though.
    Deleting would be the wrong word Disconnect the mailbox and then re-attaching it would be what the person would of meant i would of though

But it is 2003 so might be slightly different...
    Last edited by EduTech; 21st January 2010 at 05:39 PM.

6. Thanks to EduTech from:

Snuffkins (21st January 2010)

Thank Post
    I think there should still be a disconnected mailbox area in the Exchange Manager, which is where a diconnected mailbox is stored for i think 30 days although that might not be quite the same on 2003 as it is on 2007 but i think it is.

Thank Post

Exclamation Exchange 2003 Mailbox error

On this theme, I am trying to get help because of all the mailboxes that could go wrong the ICT Co-Ordinators has to be the one! She cannot access webmail from home at all. Within the network the webmail shows 99 folders labelled sync issues xx etc. Her inbox is renamed non_ipm_subtree/inbox and has her normal inbox e-mail. This is not there if you use Office Outlook 2007 on the local machine using cached exchange mode. I have followed some MS KB info and re-installed Office 2007 completely but this problem occurs on another local machine too.

I suspect the problem is her mailbox itself and I would welcome suggestions as to how to repair it. I login as me and outlook works fine for me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mark
    Last edited by Dantech; 21st January 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Thank Post
    On this theme, I am trying to get help because of all the mailboxes that could go wrong the ICT Co-Ordinators has to be the one! She cannot access webmail from home at all. Within the network the webmail shows 99 folders labelled sync issues xx etc. Her inbox is renamed non_ipm_subtree/inbox and has her normal inbox e-mail. This is not there if you use Office Outlook 2007 on the local machine using cached exchange mode. I have followed some MS KB info and re-installed Office 2007 completely but this problem occurs on another local machine too.

I suspect the problem is her mailbox itself and I would welcome suggestions as to how to repair it. I login as me and outlook works fine for me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mark
    I suppose as a quick work round you could use Exmerge to export the mailbox to a .pst from exchange 2003. If you google exmerge you should be able to find out how to use it if you haven't used it before. The link to download it's below if you don't have it installed already.

Once you've exported it, delete the mailbox from that user.

Generate a new mailbox for that user and import the .pst again using Exmerge.

This is the link to download exmerge.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Might be worth taking a backup first if you don't have one.

Sorry it's not a fix, but other than urlscan stopping owa working completely i'm not 100% sure what the problem could be and then it wouldn't work for anyone if it was that. Being as it's one user this would probably be the quickest way to get them working again. That is assuming that it is a mailbox problem.

Phill
    Last edited by Snuffkins; 22nd January 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add comment

10. Thanks to Snuffkins from:

Dantech (22nd January 2010)

Thank Post

Smile Worth a try

Hi

Thanks for that. It seems worth a try. If I lose this member of staffs e-mails I will be in the doghouse so I won't rush. She says she can cope with it but I don't want to leave it like that. Before too long I will upgrade to Exchange 2007 or 2010 if it's ready but which ever I choose has to work well with Sharepoint MOSS 2007 which Exchange 2003 does not.

I will try this and post back my findings to benefit others.

Mark

Thank Post
    I would guess they have got (Unread Messages) set - at the top near where it says Inbox - just choose (2 Line View) or similar from the drop down and see if they all reappear!

Thank Post
    Hi

Thanks for that. It seems worth a try. If I lose this member of staffs e-mails I will be in the doghouse so I won't rush. She says she can cope with it but I don't want to leave it like that. Before too long I will upgrade to Exchange 2007 or 2010 if it's ready but which ever I choose has to work well with Sharepoint MOSS 2007 which Exchange 2003 does not.

I will try this and post back my findings to benefit others.

Mark

As long as the export goes ok you'd have a backup of the mailbox with the .pst file. But if a job is worth doing it's worth doing it right so i wouldn't rush either...

Hope it sorts the problem out. Would be worth trying to find out why it happened though. Although with these kinds of problems that's usually an almost impossible challenge lol.

Good luck

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread