+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange 2003/OWA Problem in Technical; We have a problem with a particular users mailbox. They can recieve e-mail and the e-mails will stay in the ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    497
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Exchange 2003/OWA Problem

    We have a problem with a particular users mailbox. They can recieve e-mail and the e-mails will stay in the inbox until they are read. When they are read they automatically get deleted! T

    he user only uses OWA and there are no rules setup on the inbox and as far as I can see no options that would perform such an action. It seems to be only affecting this user, at the moment.

    Any ideas?

    Cheers


    Adam.

  2. #2
    jsnetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    887
    Thank Post
    23
    Thanked 134 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    I've had this here a couple of times. Did not look too much into it but after deleting the mailbox and then re-establishing it works again.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    74
    Thank Post
    20
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    14

    Mailbox Problem

    If you delete the mailbox and re-create won't you lose all the users e-mail?

  4. #4
    Snuffkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantech View Post
    If you delete the mailbox and re-create won't you lose all the users e-mail?
    I think he means deleting it and then re-attaching the deleted mailbox to the same user. I could be wrong though.

  5. #5

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,046
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 913 Times in 716 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffkins View Post
    I think he means deleting it and then re-attaching the deleted mailbox to the same user. I could be wrong though.
    Deleting would be the wrong word Disconnect the mailbox and then re-attaching it would be what the person would of meant i would of though

    But it is 2003 so might be slightly different...
    Last edited by EduTech; 21st January 2010 at 05:39 PM.

  6. Thanks to EduTech from:

    Snuffkins (21st January 2010)

  7. #6
    Snuffkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    I think there should still be a disconnected mailbox area in the Exchange Manager, which is where a diconnected mailbox is stored for i think 30 days although that might not be quite the same on 2003 as it is on 2007 but i think it is.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    74
    Thank Post
    20
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    14

    Exclamation Exchange 2003 Mailbox error

    On this theme, I am trying to get help because of all the mailboxes that could go wrong the ICT Co-Ordinators has to be the one! She cannot access webmail from home at all. Within the network the webmail shows 99 folders labelled sync issues xx etc. Her inbox is renamed non_ipm_subtree/inbox and has her normal inbox e-mail. This is not there if you use Office Outlook 2007 on the local machine using cached exchange mode. I have followed some MS KB info and re-installed Office 2007 completely but this problem occurs on another local machine too.

    I suspect the problem is her mailbox itself and I would welcome suggestions as to how to repair it. I login as me and outlook works fine for me.

    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

    Mark
    Last edited by Dantech; 21st January 2010 at 05:59 PM.

  9. #8
    Snuffkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantech View Post
    On this theme, I am trying to get help because of all the mailboxes that could go wrong the ICT Co-Ordinators has to be the one! She cannot access webmail from home at all. Within the network the webmail shows 99 folders labelled sync issues xx etc. Her inbox is renamed non_ipm_subtree/inbox and has her normal inbox e-mail. This is not there if you use Office Outlook 2007 on the local machine using cached exchange mode. I have followed some MS KB info and re-installed Office 2007 completely but this problem occurs on another local machine too.

    I suspect the problem is her mailbox itself and I would welcome suggestions as to how to repair it. I login as me and outlook works fine for me.

    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

    Mark
    I suppose as a quick work round you could use Exmerge to export the mailbox to a .pst from exchange 2003. If you google exmerge you should be able to find out how to use it if you haven't used it before. The link to download it's below if you don't have it installed already.

    Once you've exported it, delete the mailbox from that user.

    Generate a new mailbox for that user and import the .pst again using Exmerge.


    This is the link to download exmerge.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

    Might be worth taking a backup first if you don't have one.

    Sorry it's not a fix, but other than urlscan stopping owa working completely i'm not 100% sure what the problem could be and then it wouldn't work for anyone if it was that. Being as it's one user this would probably be the quickest way to get them working again. That is assuming that it is a mailbox problem.

    Phill
    Last edited by Snuffkins; 22nd January 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add comment

  10. Thanks to Snuffkins from:

    Dantech (22nd January 2010)

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    74
    Thank Post
    20
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    14

    Smile Worth a try

    Hi

    Thanks for that. It seems worth a try. If I lose this member of staffs e-mails I will be in the doghouse so I won't rush. She says she can cope with it but I don't want to leave it like that. Before too long I will upgrade to Exchange 2007 or 2010 if it's ready but which ever I choose has to work well with Sharepoint MOSS 2007 which Exchange 2003 does not.

    I will try this and post back my findings to benefit others.

    Mark

  12. #10

    SpuffMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,230
    Thank Post
    54
    Thanked 278 Times in 186 Posts
    Rep Power
    134
    I would guess they have got (Unread Messages) set - at the top near where it says Inbox - just choose (2 Line View) or similar from the drop down and see if they all reappear!

  13. #11
    Snuffkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thank Post
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantech View Post
    Hi

    Thanks for that. It seems worth a try. If I lose this member of staffs e-mails I will be in the doghouse so I won't rush. She says she can cope with it but I don't want to leave it like that. Before too long I will upgrade to Exchange 2007 or 2010 if it's ready but which ever I choose has to work well with Sharepoint MOSS 2007 which Exchange 2003 does not.

    I will try this and post back my findings to benefit others.

    Mark

    As long as the export goes ok you'd have a backup of the mailbox with the .pst file. But if a job is worth doing it's worth doing it right so i wouldn't rush either...

    Hope it sorts the problem out. Would be worth trying to find out why it happened though. Although with these kinds of problems that's usually an almost impossible challenge lol.

    Good luck

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Exchange 2003, OWA and Address Lists
    By WithoutMotive in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st October 2008, 11:08 AM
  2. Slow OWA on Exchange 2003
    By adamf in forum Windows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th December 2007, 09:29 AM
  3. Exchange 2003 and OWA
    By uk101man in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th October 2007, 05:43 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th February 2007, 02:02 PM
  5. Borked Exchange 2003 OWA
    By Ric_ in forum Windows
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21st July 2005, 08:34 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •