+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 69.28.206.212:25 in Technical; Many school ISPs (RBCs and LAs) will block port 25 to force you to send emails (relay) via their smtp ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Many school ISPs (RBCs and LAs) will block port 25 to force you to send emails (relay) via their smtp filter service. This is definitely the case within EMBC. Can you give your location as that may help identify who you need to speak with.

Thank Post
    I have contacted the administrator of school and he provided me another email server which can send email out.

Thank Post
    And...?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    And...?
    I have also contacted the SMS service provider for the problem I encountered, he/she said "YOU ARE USING A NON EXISTING/DEPRECATED METHOD." and suggested to use SOAP method instead.

I am trying the SOAP method and it seems work.

Thank Post
    That's great news

Thank Post
    I have tried the sample code provided by the SMS service provider and it works. However, I don't know how to implement it to my application.

The sample code includes:

There are 3 files in App_WebReference\com\upsidewireless\api\sms which are SMS.disco, SMS.WSDL and SMS.discomap.

There are Default.aspx and Default.aspx.cs in SMS directory. When I browse to the Default.aspx, it will provide me an interface which can send sms message.

P.S App_WebReference and SMS directories are in the same level.

Here are the setting of my application:

I created a testSMS ASP.NET Web Application. When I added the "using com.upsidewireless.api.sms;" to the Default.aspx.cs, it gave an error "The type or namespace name 'com' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)", I know that I should add the reference.
    Therefore, I created folders com\upsidewireless\api\sms for the testSMS project, and add the SMS.disco, SMS.WSDL and SMS.discomap files to it.
    Unluckily, the same error still exist.

I am wondering is it the reference should not be added like this way and how should it be added correctly. Steps of steps of how to add the reference will be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amychow View Post
    I have tried the sample code provided by the SMS service provider and it works. However, I don't know how to implement it to my application.

The sample code includes:

There are 3 files in App_WebReference\com\upsidewireless\api\sms which are SMS.disco, SMS.WSDL and SMS.discomap.

There are Default.aspx and Default.aspx.cs in SMS directory. When I browse to the Default.aspx, it will provide me an interface which can send sms message.

P.S App_WebReference and SMS directories are in the same level.

Here are the setting of my application:

I created a testSMS ASP.NET Web Application. When I added the "using com.upsidewireless.api.sms;" to the Default.aspx.cs, it gave an error "The type or namespace name 'com' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)", I know that I should add the reference.
    Therefore, I created folders com\upsidewireless\api\sms for the testSMS project, and add the SMS.disco, SMS.WSDL and SMS.discomap files to it.
    Unluckily, the same error still exist.

I am wondering is it the reference should not be added like this way and how should it be added correctly. Steps of steps of how to add the reference will be appreciated.
    I solved it.
    I just made a careless mistake that forgot to create a App_WebReference asp.net folder.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12