+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, OWA "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in Technical; Details details, here we go. I have a Web Server with two nics. 10.1.1.x for interal access, and 10.2.2.5 with ...
    Thank Post

Question OWA "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Details details, here we go.

I have a Web Server with two nics. 10.1.1.x for interal access, and 10.2.2.5 with a direct DMZ to the www. The website works fine on both nics. OWA works fine on the 10.1.1.x nic (or connecting from the inside.)

The firewall has one access rule for the DMZ, that's ALL traffic to DMZ both ways.

The server has two webservers(services) running. WAMP and IIS. WAMP for the website and IIS6 for OWA.

Things I've tried. (the not so obvious)
    1: I've created a new website in IIS using the same SLL cert directing to a folder named exchange with a file named text.txt inside. When connecting to it from outside, it prompted for user/pass, then directed me to the text.txt file. Works fine. Confirms that the firewall is wide open and ssl ports work fine.

2: I disabled the 10.1.1.x nic on the webserver to force this test, to make sure there is no issue with 10.2.2.x and 10.1.1.x for some reason.

Other Thoughts
    1: Could there be some DNS HOST, A, MAIL or something added for this? But it works internally, just not external. And our normal mail works just fine. Just a thought, but not sure where to look.

I've been wrestling with this for a few days, any thoughts?

Thank Post
    This issue is still a thorn in our side, but I have some more info.

The webserver itself can not connect to the internet. (i.e., I can't access google from it.) So I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the nic card configs. Here are screen shots of both nics.

I'm also unable to connect to OWA from the webserver itself, but I can from my work computer connecting to 10.1.1.5 (internal website).

Internal 1 2 3

External 1 2 3
    Last edited by jmair; 17th March 2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: fix a typo

Thank Post
    Have you run the Exchange Best Practice Analyser? It may throw up a few fixes. I had a similiar problem recently and it was a virtual memory/memory setting in the registry that fixed it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread