+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Various Help in Technical; Hi Guys Hoping I came to correct place I can basically search on internet and find solutions myself but I ...

Thank Post

Various Help

Hi Guys
    Hoping I came to correct place
    I can basically search on internet and find solutions myself but I haven't got time as very sort notice I have e-safety audit coming
    I am newbie to server administration industries

I had quick look in domain policy / security tools /etc. but when I start reading & digest all in my brain I initially forget what I was looking for, to much choice & now I am well confuse & lost.

1) Can somebody help I want to restrict access to internet / network (server 2003 domain environment DNS/DHCP etc.) at minute any one can come in pickup CAT5 cable and connect to PC/Laptop & they can easily access Internet How do I STOP This, Should ask log-in to network if this happens?

2) How to I lock user computers if they been inactive for say 15 min? I tried this by some GPO but then it locks it every 15 min no matter if they active or not?

As I said I am running out of time (Plenty other things but I can work on those by my knowledge) only two days before we break-up for Christmas holiday I haven't got time to search internet otherwise I would have done & not posted this here.

Please understand the situation and help will be much appreciated

Smitesh
    UK

Thank Post
    1 depends on your infrastructure you can use tools (though cant remember if they exist on 2003) to effectively have an approved pc list but nap is the windows form but can be done in switches but other than knowing its possible ive not looked into it. depending on number of pcs and if they are used off site you could disable dhcp and give every pc a static address but thats a pain

2 use a gpo to set the screensaver to activate after 15 mins that should do what you want if you tie it with screensaver requires a password (cant remember the exact wording of the policy)

Thank Post
    Thank you Sted I have tried this screen saver thing & was not much success because as I said it use to lock it every 15 min when screen saver runs, I will look in to more see if I get success this time. I don't really have much knowledge of network in work place as I am replacing someone who walkaway HAPYY Days Thanks for your input though

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread