+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, NTBackup scripts not doing as I wish in Technical; I've six batch files that run backup operations for our server, five scheduled overnight Mon-Fri and an Emergency script which ...

Thank Post

NTBackup scripts not doing as I wish

I've six batch files that run backup operations for our server, five scheduled overnight Mon-Fri and an Emergency script which is run manually if backup fails, all to a files on a local NAS. All scripts are identical. We have a two week archive of data with manual snapshots each month. The scripts delete the two week old archive, rename week one to week two, and create a new week one set. The local NAS files are then copied to an off-site NAS.

The backups have been consistently failing after less than 30 seconds of execution, not even attempting to back up any files. I'd be ever so grateful if someone experienced in ntbackup command line switches and script construction could have a quick look... I can't see anything amiss. Log files are useless, just saying that 0 files were backed up.

Files attached.

EDIT: There are three separate operations as backups are over 100GB total in size. If there's an error backing up the whole set, better to have 2/3 ok than nothing at all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SPFLDHSTech; 16th December 2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Additional info

Thank Post
    Well, it turns out that the file lists need to be in unicode, not ANSI. Let's see what difference that makes.

Thank Post
    Didn't help at all. It doesn't look like any job except "EmergencyD" is running. Anyone figure out why?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread