+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Vritual 2003 Server Crashing BSOD in Technical; I currently have a few issues with my Vpace server, it is sitting on a Hyper-v host which has a ...
    Thank Post

Vritual 2003 Server Crashing BSOD

I currently have a few issues with my Vpace server, it is sitting on a Hyper-v host which has a fairly decent spec, however the Vspace server has been crashing / freezing with BSOD the past couple of weeks, I have discovered partly the problem is to do with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 so I have removed that, and that has seemed to of resolved the blue screening.

My next problem is any users tries to open a Powerpoint, all of a sudden the screen went blank, logged them off. So the student logs back in and the powerpoint has crashed / pixelated and the screen has changed to green / orange. with a mouse cursor in the middle of the screen. All other programs are opening fine. I ran a repair on the office installation, still no luck. I don't know how long this problem has been around, or if it has cropped up recently?

My next thoughts go to the graphics drivers, I have checked on the HyperV what the graphics card is and it is a Matrox G200eW (Winbond). It has the latest drivers, but I think this is where my problem lies. I don't know if it just can't cope with the graphic demands of PowerPoint?

I am in two minds of either rebuilding the server with a new install of 2008 / 2012 or buying a new graphics card?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibok View Post
    I currently have a few issues with my Vpace server, it is sitting on a Hyper-v host which has a fairly decent spec, however the Vspace server has been crashing / freezing with BSOD the past couple of weeks, I have discovered partly the problem is to do with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 so I have removed that, and that has seemed to of resolved the blue screening.

My next problem is any users tries to open a Powerpoint, all of a sudden the screen went blank, logged them off. So the student logs back in and the powerpoint has crashed / pixelated and the screen has changed to green / orange. with a mouse cursor in the middle of the screen. All other programs are opening fine. I ran a repair on the office installation, still no luck. I don't know how long this problem has been around, or if it has cropped up recently?

My next thoughts go to the graphics drivers, I have checked on the HyperV what the graphics card is and it is a Matrox G200eW (Winbond). It has the latest drivers, but I think this is where my problem lies. I don't know if it just can't cope with the graphic demands of PowerPoint?

I am in two minds of either rebuilding the server with a new install of 2008 / 2012 or buying a new graphics card?
    I would rebuild the server. Support ends for 2003 next year anyway, I would think that solves the problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread