+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, WDS - x86 images not working after switching to x64 in Technical; Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I've been surfing around for an answer to my question but I ...

Thank Post

WDS - x86 images not working after switching to x64

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I've been surfing around for an answer to my question but I haven't found anything and was hoping someone could help?

I'm running WDS on server 2003. It was imaging x86 images perfectly but then I wanted the WDS server to image x64 (just for about 12 machines).

So I ran the command on the WDS server: WDSUTIL /set-server /architecturediscovery:yes

After I ran this command I could successfully image the x64 machines and I've imaged them all. But now I want to go back to imaging the x86 images but I can't because it is set to x64 still.

So I tried running the same command and a few others (trying to switch back to x86) which didn't work and I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to switch the WDS server back to imaging x86.

Does anyone know the steps I need to take to make the WDS server image x86 again?

Any advice at all will be appreciated..

- Thomas

Thank Post
    you shouldt need to do anything other than have a 64 bit boot image and a 32 bit boot image in wds it should then give you a menu to select which you want (on pcs that support both architectures)

3. Thanks to sted from:

TLawrentjew (8th November 2013)

Thank Post
    What Sted said. You should have a x86 boot image and a x64 boot image. When you go to boot from the network, you get the choice of which file you want to boot from.

5. Thanks to gmonks from:

TLawrentjew (8th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Sorry for the slow response on my part, we do have this. We have an option of x86 and x64. When I choose the x86 and choose the image I want on the machine, it reaches 100% and then reboots and reaches a blue screen where it says there's a fault.

What it turned out to be, the 10 computers that I bought were all faulty believe it or not. When I tried a different batch of computers it worked just fine.

Sorry about this, and thanks for your responses!

Thank Post
    You dont need two boot images for this, i am sure the x86 boot image can deploy x86 and x64 images. Its much simpler as you only need to maintain one boot image.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread