Hi All,

Just trying to clear up the event log errors as I've used the half-term to reboot the servers and give them a bit of a clean up...

I noticed these errors:

By the way if it's TL;DR, the short version (as the title suggests) is it appears Terminal Server Licensing isn't working, but I'm not seeing any issues. Can I just forget about it and stop the service to clean up the error logs or something?

In the System event log...

Source: TermServLicensing
Event ID: 44

General database error occurred, Can't initialize ESE instance - error -501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt, Log file is corrupt.

Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID:7024

The Terminal Server Licensing service terminated with service-specific error 31 (0x1F).

In the Application event log...

Source: ESENT
Event ID: 412

lserver (2108) Unable to read the header of logfile C:\WINNT\System32\LServer\edb.log. Error -501.

Source: Esent
Event ID: 101

lserver (2108) The database engine stopped.

From Services.msc

Terminal Server Licensing

Provides registered licenses for Terminal Services clients. If this service is stopped, the server will be unavailable to issue Terminal Server licenses to clients when they are requested.

This service is stopped...

I've seen the error before on reboots, but knew even less than I do now about servers (and it's not a lot now!), so what does it mean? I can't imagine it's ever been running and yet I can't think of anything that I want to do with the server and can't.

It's Domain Controller, it logs people on, it shares folder/files, I can remote in...

What am I missing?

Kol.

P.S. I've Googled a bit, but I only came up with deleting the folder with the corrupt registry, recreating the folder and ringing (?) Microsoft to reinstall CALS...