+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Mapped folder mapping when its not supposed to in Technical; I've got some folders that are mapped based on ifmember, eg, if member is in the group then apply the ...
    Gaz

Thank Post

Mapped folder mapping when its not supposed to

I've got some folders that are mapped based on ifmember, eg, if member is in the group then apply the map. However it appears to be mapping the folder to an account that its not meant to as its not in the group or on the folder permissions.
    This appears to only be effecting my testing account.

I have another folder that is mapped via a login script under "user profile" called Logon.bat and that is also mapping to another test account but not an actual users account.

This all seems fine as long as its not effecting real users but why is it effecting my test accounts? they are not setup in any different way.

Some permissions are obviously messed up somewhere but I've no idea where else to look! it looks fine from what I can tell.

The ifmember script is set as a logon script to map the folder to a drive letter. The PC's that I've tested are Win7, I've not tested our XP PC's.

Cheers.

ALR

Thank Post
    What type of script maps the drives? Batch file? KIX script?

I had something similar on Server 2003 awhile back. I went into ADSI edit on the server and checked the groups the affected account was in and it WAS a member of one of the groups which ADUC was not showing!

Cheers,
    Al

Gaz

Thank Post
    Its a Batch file. The test account cant open the folder because it doesnt have permissions but it still mapping it in "My computer"

Where abouts in ADSI edit should I be looking? and what should I be looking for?

Cheers.

ALR

Thank Post
    On your DC, open MMC and add ADSI Edit into the console. ADSI Edit is just another way of looking at active directory. Once ADSI edit is open, you should see the top of the AD tree (something like "Domain [servername.domain.ext.ext]) if you expand the level you'll see a folder icon with your domain name looking like [DC=domainname, DC=forestname,DC=uk]. When you expand again you should see a directory similar to AD but with "OU=" in front of each OU name. Find the OU where your user is, then right click the user (something like "CN=testaccount") and go to properties.

In the window will be all the attributes that your user object has (basically all the info displayed in the tabs in ADUC). I cannot remember what the groups attributes are called, but look down the list looking for your security group names. Hopefully one of them in there will be the group that your test account was taken out of. Remove it from in there then delete the local profile on the PC, reboot PC and try the mappings again.

I can have a poke a writing a "How To" with screenshots if needed but that will take a bit longer. Don't want to teach you how to suck eggs though! :0)

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by ALR; 14th March 2013 at 04:43 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread