+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, User dependent internet speeds in Technical; Hello there, Have a perculiar problem going on...and it's so hard to search for a solution without getting a plethora ...

Thank Post

User dependent internet speeds

Hello there,

Have a perculiar problem going on...and it's so hard to search for a solution without getting a plethora of articles about home internet wireless speeds etc....

So, domain situation accross a LAN...

A member of staff has recently moved to a new office using an old PC that has been set up for a while.

When the user tries to access the internet using her AD account, the speed is awful (loading google can take 30 seconds or so) we have a 100mb+ fibre connection which is brilliant usually.

If I log onto the machine using the domain admin credentials the internet runs as it should, super fast etc, and all the network/proxy settings are identical on the domain admin and user profiles.

If I create any new user accounts the internet is super slow, on just that one machine.

If I use the same new accounts on any other machine, the internet is absolutely fine.

My DHCP scope is as should be, my DNS records all check out

Why is it that the only way to get decent internet speeds is to log on as domain admin?

Cheers in advance.

Thank Post
    Both of these are pretty long shots but could it be the local network adapter has an alternative or fixed IP that for some reason is running as DHCP on admin but alternative/fixed for users? Try renaming default user and make a new temp account. It could be all the new users are pulling something from the local default user folder.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottsey View Post
    Both of these are pretty long shots but could it be the local network adapter has an alternative or fixed IP that for some reason is running as DHCP on admin but alternative/fixed for users? Try renaming default user and make a new temp account. It could be all the new users are pulling something from the local default user folder.
    I'll give that a go on the morrow, we are actually replacing this machine quite soon, but it's still pissing me off.

Cheers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread