+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, map network drive problem in Technical; i have shared a folder in win server 2003 and mapped for users to use it on remote desktop connection ...

Thank Post

map network drive problem

i have shared a folder in win server 2003 and mapped for users to use it on remote desktop connection
    in the main shared folder i create for each department a specific folder to access on it only (by creating for each folder a user and only this user can access the folder)
    when i create the map network drive on a remote user and specify the user and password to access to a specific folder so it's working but each time when i do log off then log on to the remote user , the user cannot access the specific folder on the map network drive when clicking the folder the message appear is " access is denied " , kindly i need a help !!

Thank Post

Permissions

Quote Originally Posted by charbel90 View Post
    i have shared a folder in win server 2003 and mapped for users to use it on remote desktop connection
    in the main shared folder i create for each department a specific folder to access on it only (by creating for each folder a user and only this user can access the folder)
    when i create the map network drive on a remote user and specify the user and password to access to a specific folder so it's working but each time when i do log off then log on to the remote user , the user cannot access the specific folder on the map network drive when clicking the folder the message appear is " access is denied " , kindly i need a help !!
    Hey,

Have you checked permissions on the actual share not just the individual user folder to allow access for that specific user?

Thank Post
    HEY , yeah for the main folder i put full control for administrators and the subfolders and for each folder i put full control for the specific department (exemple: for department accounting , i put full control for user accounting only lets say username: ACC and the password when creating the map network drive and it's working well but when i do log off log on i enter the map network drive but i cant access to forlder accounting) before 3 months its working well even i logged off the terminal , but now this problem appear and i cant find the cause

Sir

Thank Post
    Do you not have logon scripts which do this?

Thank Post
    no i dont have

Thank Post
    When you're mapping the share, if you do it by command line you can add a /savecred item that will remember the username/password even after reboots. If you don't use this (or ticking the remember password box) it will default back to the logged on user.

Example:
    Code:
    net use X: \\Hostname\Share /savecred /p:yes
    It will ask for a username and password once, then save it and remember it for future use.

Steve

Thank Post
    thank you steve21 for ur reply
    but always i check this box and nothing remembered when i logged off then on
    what can i doooooo

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread