+ Post New Thread
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Windows 8 Thread, Windows 8....urgh in Technical; Isn't this the same figure fiddling that they did with Vista (Activated OEM licences for Vista, but sold with Windows ...

Thank Post
    Isn't this the same figure fiddling that they did with Vista (Activated OEM licences for Vista, but sold with Windows XP Downgrade installed)?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Isn't this the same figure fiddling that they did with Vista (Activated OEM licences for Vista, but sold with Windows XP Downgrade installed)?
    Yep we never installed 1 vista machine at work but "bought" 500 licenses though volume licensing.

Thank Post
    Using somthing like Operating system market share is better than counting how many copies have been sold. We have a few devices with Windows 8 OEM stickers on the bottom but they are not running it.

SPM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deceptivex View Post
    Look at the reviews mate, they are very nearly universally positive, not to mention the fact that carriers publically admitted that out of all the phones they sell, the Windows Phone's have the lowest return rate. Marketing is killing the phone nothing else, I've yet to meet anyone who has said "I don't like it". It's usually "I'd get it if it had this app" and with Nokia around the corner it's on it's way up. Holds the record for the fastest 0-10,000 apps.

Also, it isn't Windows Phone interface, it's the Metro UI interface that Microsoft have been designing for a while now.
    Beware of reviews - a lot of reviewers are paid for their reviews by the company that is making the product. Microsoft uses these "independent paid consultants" quite extensively to promote their products. The Metro is a Windows Phone UI with added features. One thing that is certain is that users and customers don't like the Windows Phone 7/Metro interface - they have voted with their feet on this, despite massive and expensive marketing campaigns.

I think the problem with the Metro interface is that Microsoft was making no traction with the Metro interface on the Windows Phone 7/8, but they have a desktop PC monopoly. So they asked - how do we leverage our desktop PC monopoly to force users into the mobile phone and tablet market on our products? The came up with the idea of forcing Windows PC users to use the Metro interface so they become familiar with it, and would then want to buy mobile phones and tablets with the UI on it. Metro is a Frankenstein interface which doesn't work well on a tablet or a laptop or PC.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @SPM - you don't like it , there are plenty of us who do on a phone, I'd take it over android or iOS any day.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    @SPM - you don't like it , there are plenty of us who do on a phone
    Mmm all 2-3% of you all

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Mmm all 2-3% of you all
    Meh, another jack ass review that only takes into account a few markets, you'd think there were only four countries on the entire planet from most of them. The reviews are also polarised, either they are good and so blamed on being paid for or completely negative showing a clear bias in the other direction. The reviews/media can't really be trusted for anything any more as their sole purpose is now serving their own agenda. Call me cynical but its hard to argue that this is not the case. Even with stuff you can measure reviewers can editorialise about the fashion or subjective usability.

Still, I'm no stranger to being different.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, and I think this is one thing that can be legitimately laid at the door of Apple, this kind of consumer tech is nothing short of a fashion parade these days. Pick your brand and defend it/attack others as necessary.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, it has been diluted to which goes best with which handbag levels of assessment now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Unfortunately, and I think this is one thing that can be legitimately laid at the door of Apple, this kind of consumer tech is nothing short of a fashion parade these days. Pick your brand and defend it/attack others as necessary.
    Thats hardly new i can remember st vs amiga speccy vs c64 vs acorn arguments long ago

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Thats hardly new i can remember st vs amiga speccy vs c64 vs acorn arguments long ago
    The Amiga was clearly the best... (runs and hides)

12. 3 Thanks to CyberNerd:

CHR1S (14th January 2013), themightymrp (15th January 2013), tmcd35 (14th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Sure, I partook in those myself, difference is the arguments were over spec/performance etc.
    Today its over which lifestyle dream you prefer to be sold.

SPM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    @SPM - you don't like it , there are plenty of us who do on a phone, I'd take it over android or iOS any day.
    Most Windows users seem to hate it though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPM View Post
    Most Windows users seem to hate it though.
    You're going to need proof to back that statement up.

16. Thanks to Arthur from:

sted (14th January 2013)

Thank Post
    I don't hate the iOS or the iPhone / iPAD
    What I hate is the way Apple choose to market it at such over inflated prices and how people with an iPhone/iPad feel the need to inform every other person about how they own one and have the attitude that all over devices are inferior and everyone else should have one

(Hmm putting it like that kinda makes Apple sound like the Borg - Scary!)

BTW, not all Apple users are like this, and Blackberry users are on a par with the above statement!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread