+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Windows 8 + Flickering Windows + Frustrated me in Technical; Hi all, Start of the year as some of you know, as you kindly helped me spec it, I brought ...

Thank Post

Angry Windows 8 + Flickering Windows + Frustrated me

Hi all,

Start of the year as some of you know, as you kindly helped me spec it, I brought my first seriously high spec PC.

I've had an issue arise lately, which can be REALLY annoying and REALLY hard to track and even begin to troubleshoot. Now you'll have to be patient with me here as this is gonna a pain to try and explain.

Every now and then the PC will bring another window (not the one i'm interacting with) into focus. Let me try and put it into a scenario.

Playing a game in full screen, when all of a sudden the game will exit full screen and bring say my Chrome window into focus, then bring back the game in full screen, now as you can imagine, that's annoying. Now by focus I mean it's almost like I've clicked into another window. When I haven't.

It's not just gaming either. I can have say a Chrome page open watching a youtube video and it'll flicker out of focus then instantly back into it. I.E. It's done it while I'm typing this.

There seems to be no pattern. It's totally random. Probably driver related or something, but it's driving me NUTS.

I know that probably makes next to no sense, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Liam

Thank Post
    Bit of an update, seems to be an issue with the mouse I use. Mad Catz R.A.T 3. Testing with a naff, very basic mouse atm and everything is fine. To add to the problems in the last 10mins the mouse has also decided to stop tracking my mouse movement every 5secs or so...

I think it's likely to be a faulty mouse. I don't think I have the receipt either, ERGH!

Thank Post
    Is there hardware specific software installed with the mouse that may be playing up, such as macro software or a driver program? Does it work when just installed with the bare minimum?

4. Thanks to 3s-gtech from:

L3OUGH (29th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Yes to both. It works without the software installed, but obviously the DPI settings and profiles don't work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the driver and software which for now seems to have fixed the issue, for how long though, is another guessing game!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread