+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, you must be online when logging in for the first time in Technical; I'm trial using a Toshiba Encore that has Windows 8 on it. When I try to log in with a ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

you must be online when logging in for the first time

I'm trial using a Toshiba Encore that has Windows 8 on it. When I try to log in with a Microsoft Account I get a message telling me 'you must be online when logging in for the first time' the flipping thing is online and the Internet is working fine with my on the ground account. Any suggestions please - I have tried two MS accounts both work fine on proper computers running Windows 7 - come to think of it no problems on a Mac either!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are you sporting a proxy? If so that may be causing issues as it will not know about it yet and be trying to connect directly.

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

speckytecky (29th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As ever @SYNACK can be relied upon to answer my frequent questions - thanks buddy. In this case I'd thought of that and have tried it at work behind the proxy and now at home without. Just Getz hat same darned irritating message. My Google of it brought up another exact same querying but sadly with not even a hint of an answer. Can't say I'm in the least impressed with my first tentative step down the tablets route and having been an initially reluctant convert to iPads side by side comparisum of the two devices puts the iPad light years ahead in my opinion. The tablet just feels clunky and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any half decent cases about for it rather seems to confirm the opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Are you sporting a proxy? If so that may be causing issues as it will not know about it yet and be you must be online when logging in for the first timetrying to connect directly.

Thank Post
    I just deployed 60 Toshiba encores and had the same problem. I assumed it was a proxy issue too and after fiddling with our proxy for a bit i eventually gave up and just went into recovery and did a system refresh. Surprisingly they worked fine afterwards. Still not sure what the problem was, but of the 60 there were 4 of them with this problem, and they all worked fine after the refresh.

And i know what you mean about the Encore feeling clunky. But i would hardly use them as the benchmark for Windows 8 tablets, they are essentially netbook replacements, cheapness being the only design criteria. We have some Lenovo Thinkpad tablets and some Surface Pro's, and the performance and build quality of them is far superior to the Encore, as you would expect given the price difference, but by far the best tablets I've used in terms of performance, build quality and value is the Surface RT, which i would take over an iPad any day.

6. Thanks to MMPS from:

speckytecky (13th April 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread