+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Unable to update to Windows 8.1 since release. in Technical; Hi all, Just a quick post hoping someone out there might have come across this problem. I am completely unable ...

Thank Post

Unable to update to Windows 8.1 since release.

Hi all,

Just a quick post hoping someone out there might have come across this problem. I am completely unable to upgrade my laptop to 8.1 despite Windows claiming I am eligible for it. I have read on line that certain MAK keys don't allow you to upgrade to 8.1 via the Windows store and I thought that was the case with me, however I keep getting a popup asking me to go to the store and download the update.

When I try to download it however I get redirected to the main page of the store, with no "Upgrade to 8.1" button in sight. I have attempted to troubleshoot this issue by running a Windows Store Fix-it from the Microsoft website however the issue still persists. I have also tried WSRESET.EXE as many have pointed out however this also doesn't work. I'm hoping I don't need to re-image the laptop however at this point its looking likely.

I have attached a screen grab of the message I get every time I boot up my machine in case this helps anyone try to diagnose my issue.

Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Not 100% the same issue as you but I also could not get the update to run, in the end I needed to paste the following into cmd prompt.

netsh
    winhttp
    import proxy source=ie

3. Thanks to edutech4schools from:

tmoon-mint (27th March 2014)

Thank Post
    No dice I'm afraid, doesn't work even outside a school environment. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I had this, in the end I reinstalled with a fresh 8.1 installation as nothing else worked.

Thank Post
    Am I right in thinking Windows 8 keys don't activate 8.1? If so im a bit stuck :/

Thank Post
    I Had a similar problem getting 8.1 update - I was doing it on a laptop and it turned out I needed 100% charge and the mains connected

Thank Post
    I found that certain versions of Windows 8 won't update freely to 8.1! If you have got it from Microsoft's Volume Licensing Service then you won't be eligible for the upgrade. If you have tried all and it won't update chat to Microsoft Customer support they're very good and will be able to help you out a bit more, they can even send you a Windows 8.1 ISO to upgrade from and update your license key (I know they did this with my Girlfriends laptop)!

9. Thanks to abillybob from:

tmoon-mint (7th April 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread