+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, 8.1 No Keyboard and Mouse Bug, But... in Technical; Hi folks, I seem to have been hit by the (bloody awful) Win 8.1 update bug that takes out the ...
    Thank Post

Question 8.1 No Keyboard and Mouse Bug, But...

Hi folks,

I seem to have been hit by the (bloody awful) Win 8.1 update bug that takes out the mouse and keyboard.

The only problem is that I don't have a UEFI settings page that all the fixes seem to be referring to.

I have a fairly basic MSI board, although I'm struggling to figure out what atm as it doesn't show in the BIOS setup page at least (short of opening the machine up).

I have tried settings related to USB, but there's pretty much just the ability to turn it off, along with USB legacy support. Turning the latter off hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

TIA

Thank Post
    Just in case anyone picks this up via Google, the PC has an MSI H61M-P31/W8 motherboard. It has no "Intel XHCI mode" option, or anything that seems related.

Edit: I got a PS2 keyboard and mouse to work. This was after disabling USB in BIOS (which then disabled PS2 devices as well! Cue one BIOS reset).

The problem now is that in Device Manager there are two devices with the following error:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

These devices are:

Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enchanced Host Controller - 1C26
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enchanced Host Controller - 1C2D

I have also tried updating the BIOS (this was on v3.0). It's now on v3.6, but no new options that I can spot. Basically all USB functionality is dead, following this windows update.

I'm going to try Intel drivers to see if I can revive the USB controllers.
    Last edited by Gongalong; 27th November 2013 at 02:08 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread