+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Windoze 8.1 issues in Technical; Hi all, Just testing the latest from Redmond and..... Some legacy programs installed from MSI via GPO don't install with ...
    Thank Post

Question Windoze 8.1 issues

Hi all,

Just testing the latest from Redmond and.....

Some legacy programs installed from MSI via GPO don't install with elevated privs so end up not operating like Task Magic for example. Closer inspection of the files and folders reveal that users of the host PC and the target folders are relegated to read only access without any way to add further privs. I added myself specifically and voila, it worked.

Drives maps don't work completely either whether via script or GPO, the only way we can get them to work totally is via invoking a script manually then it works. About half of the eight maps works the others don't appear. We have tried two different systems and both exhibit this error. If we look at group policy management modelling this is inconclusive and using the command gpresult /r does not give us any clues as it reports no failures and all gpos are applied so....apart from outlook on the web, google and these Widoze appears to be working ok (ish) on two of our laptops.

Our domain runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 with the latest templates. I haven't imported the Windows 2012 R2 templates yet and I haven't promoted our Windows 2012 R2 server yet to a DC but maybe this is the next step. I would be interested if anybody else has experienced similar issue.
    Last edited by ndart; 22nd October 2013 at 04:49 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread