+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Win 8.1 Folder Redirection. Failing with event id's: 1112 & 1085 in Technical; Hi Guys Just want to pick your brains on this one. Three of us have installed Win 8.1 Enterprise on ...
    Thank Post

Angry Win 8.1 Folder Redirection. Failing with event id's: 1112 & 1085

Hi Guys
    Just want to pick your brains on this one.

Three of us have installed Win 8.1 Enterprise on our machines to test various things out, however our redirected documents folder is failing to redirect. Previously we had Win 8 Enterprise on and it worked fine, no GPO changes have been made since.

The event log says...

Event ID: 1112
    "The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system start up or user log on. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next start up or log on for this user, and this may result in slow start up and boot performance."

Then just above...

Event ID: 1085
    "Windows failed to apply the Folder Redirection settings. Folder Redirection settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link."

I have tried (numerous times!) running gpupdate /force from an elevated command prompt, then logging off and back on and it's not applying the redirections. This is what the general advice to solve this issue seems to be.

I am a bit of a loss as to why it's not working, it worked fine in Windows 8. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm just to check the obvious, you have the 'wait for network' setting enabled?

3. Thanks to sparkeh from:

InterwebsGuy (22nd October 2013)

Thank Post
    do you still have policies set for xp folder redirextion as i seem to remember that causes me issues in testing disabled xp redirection settings and it worked (i think i used a wmi filter and rewrote the folder redir just for windows 8)

5. Thanks to sted from:

InterwebsGuy (22nd October 2013)

Thank Post
    Cheers for your input guys.

Whilst checking our GPO, somehow "Grant the user exclusive rights to the documents folder" had become re-enabled. This seems to cause a whole heap of issues with documents folder redirection. Unchecking this has solved the issue.
    Just to answer your feedback above, for the sake of Google and anyone else who may come across this thread, those were fine, and we didn't have any XP redirections settings still enabled.

Thanks for your inputs - it's much appreciated.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread