Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 8 Thread, Switching to Windows 8 in Technical; Originally Posted by Sheridan Yawn. So if you have used Windows 8 thoroughly and find it has many issues on ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yawn. So if you have used Windows 8 thoroughly and find it has many issues on your network, you're stuck in the past?

I've used 8 a lot here, it has too many issues for us to put onto the network as yet. Home use is fine though - but it only really works when combined with a touchscreen and even then the metro gui feels like an afterthought. Just about every app I use opens up on the windows 7 desktop anyway!
    then fine but the vast majority of complaints can be summed up in 2 words "metro sux" or "wheres my start menu". IMO it works fine with keyboard and mouse granted its optimized for touch but iots hardly bad with a mouse

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    then fine but the vast majority of complaints can be summed up in 2 words "metro sux" or "wheres my start menu". IMO it works fine with keyboard and mouse granted its optimized for touch but iots hardly bad with a mouse
    My biggest beef is not that MS tried to do something new with the Metro interface, its that they came up with a half cocked UI. Either they should have fully commited to a new UI, or split Windows 8 into a home (tablet etc) version and a 'business' version that is more akin to Win7.

Imagine if the Metro UI was the only interface, and the OS was properly designed around that? That would have been much better - but only if MS provided the group policy management to put this out in the business/education world.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    My biggest beef is not that MS tried to do something new with the Metro interface, its that they came up with a half cocked UI. Either they should have fully commited to a new UI, or split Windows 8 into a home (tablet etc) version and a 'business' version that is more akin to Win7.

Imagine if the Metro UI was the only interface, and the OS was properly designed around that? That would have been much better - but only if MS provided the group policy management to put this out in the business/education world.
    8.1 solves a lot of that and i suspect i will be deploying that to some pcs as soon as i can get it from volume license downloads non beta versions

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12