+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 8 Thread, Windows 8 domain login issue in Technical; Thank you Willott. I'll try it, hope it would be successful....

Thank Post
    Thank you Willott. I'll try it, hope it would be successful.

Thank Post
    Has anyone had any sucess in this. I'm currently building a Win8.1 Ent Image to roll out, but am finding th same issue, first login can take from 2min+, which is a shame as the rest of it works quite well.

Thank Post
    @AndiMarv any solution to this i have literally the same exact problem. Trying to resolve this before the next school year.

Thank Post
    I am sorry to say that I have not found a solution to this at all.

It is very frustrating but seeing as my plan is to move forward with Multipoint Server 2012 installations it doesn't seem to be an issue with MP.

Thank Post
    Thread resurrection time!

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue?

We moved to 8.1 Enterprise over the summer - and staff and students are complaining about excessive logon times. Staff have fully roaming profiles which means logon times can naturally be a bit variable (as you would expect if the profile is as big as a house!) but students use a central mandatory roaming profile that's quite small.

When the problem hits, it shows itself as a two-stage delay: the user logs in and gets a "preparing windows" for a while, then this disappears to leave a black screen with cursor for a variable amount of time before the desktop displays. The problem is definitely much worse on laptops used wirelessly than on wired desktop PCs.

What really makes diagnosis entertaining is that sometimes the problem doesn't appear at all - for example, first thing in the morning when there are barely any users in the building. This suggests to me that if it were a problem at the client end, surely the fault would be there all the time?

Any thoughts?

Thank Post
    Hi I had a similar problem and it was caused by the students/staffs redirected start menu from our Windows 7 GPO, set up a windows 8 OU and put the windows 8.1 clients in there, created a loop back that redirected everyone's start menu to the local profile, no roaming or mandatory profiles takes about 40-45 seconds first logon on a windows 8.1 Tablet over the wireless, then it is really fast the next time it is used. Works for me for now as I only have a 30 windows 8.1 tablets not sure if it would be useful with a full roll out, I have tried to export a start screen layout but that is not taking, so the desktop needs shortcuts to needed programs, but the desktop redirection to a network share still works as in windows 7 so OK.

Thank Post
    I have this problem too but it is only affecting a couple of users. 99% of Staff and students have logged and created W8 profiles OK.
    We have W7 and W8 machines here still but in general if a user logs onto a W7 machine they use their W7 profile and the same with W8.
    The other couple of users can log onto the W7 profiles fine but when they come to W8 just a black desktop. The actual network profile is empty.
    I've tried all the usual things, deleting profiles both network and local. Certain machines will logon again fairly quickly and some can take an age but the end result is still the same.
    Black desktop.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12