+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Windows 8 has put the world's PC market to sleep - IDC in Technical; Interesting viewpoint on the Windows 8 affair: Windows 8 has put the world's PC market to sleep - IDC ? ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Windows 8 has put the world's PC market to sleep - IDC

Interesting viewpoint on the Windows 8 affair: Windows 8 has put the world's PC market to sleep - IDC ? The Register
    "It seems clear that the Windows 8 launch not only failed to provide a positive boost to the PC market, but appears to have slowed the market," Bob O'Donnell, IDC's program vice president for clients and displays, said in a canned statement."While some consumers appreciate the new form factors and touch capabilities of Windows 8, the radical changes to the UI, removal of the familiar Start button, and the costs associated with touch have made PCs a less attractive alternative to dedicated tablets and other competitive devices. Microsoft will have to make some very tough decisions moving forward if it wants to help reinvigorate the PC market."

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    As Jobs put it:

“I’m trying to think of a good analogy. When we were an agrarian nation, all cars were trucks. But as people moved more towards urban centers, people started to get into cars. I think PCs are going to be like trucks. Less people will need them. And this transformation is going to make some people uneasy… because the PC has taken us a long way. They were amazing. But it changes. Vested interests are going to change. And, I think we’ve embarked on that change. Is it the iPad? Who knows? Will it be next year or five years? … We like to talk about the post-PC era, but when it really starts to happen, it’s uncomfortable.”

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread