+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Help Windows 8 - SB 660 in Technical; Hi, We are having some success with windows 8 in foundation stage apart from one massive issue. When we pick ...

Thank Post

Help Windows 8 - SB 660

Hi, We are having some success with windows 8 in foundation stage apart from one massive issue. When we pick up the pen and write on the smart board the calibration is 100 % correct and works with the orientation that we have used. When we put the pen down and try to use the board as a touchscreen computer for educational games the calibration is massively out. We have tried using the windows tablet pc settings calibration and it doesnt even register the clicks in the top corners. This is a windows 8 issue only and we have tried the new smart drivers and old smart drivers with the same result.

so to sum up. Pen works, mouse doesnt

One last observation is that when the mouse isnt working we get the small star that you normally see on a windows 8 tablet pc.

Can anyone help please

Thanks
    Squeeky

P.S Please move this to the correct section if it is more smart board related than Windows8

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Silly question - does Windows 8 have it's own calibration settings for tablets? Maybe this needs setting in addition to the SmartBoard's own calibration settings?

Thank Post
    I think i might have fixed it by disabling a Microsoft Input Configuration Device. It has made my finger act as a mouse. Ill check and post back here to warn others

Silly question - does Windows 8 have it's own calibration settings for tablets? Maybe this needs setting in addition to the SmartBoard's own calibration settings?
    This is what I tried and it wouldn't recognise the far corners as touch

Thank Post
    Any ideas guys. When i disable the Smart Virtual Tablet driver things break. IE cant use the board at all.

Thank Post
    I was told a few days ago that Windows 8 wasn't fully supported yet by SMART software? Could that be the case?

Thank Post
    Well I have to say im pretty mad at Smart. When asking technical support if they knew about any problems with Windows 8 I got a sarcastic we don't support windows 8. When I asked if they had a predicted time frame for fixing this they said they don't and that I should use windows 7. In the release notes the only things listed as not working with windows 8 are:

In the Windows 8 operating system, icons for all SMART Programs appear in the Start screen, creating a cluttered appearance. (JUST METRO)

SMART Board® 400 series interactive overlays don’t support multitouch gestures on the Windows 8 operating system. (OH NO)

You’re unable to insert emoticons and other graphical characters in to .notebook files using the Windows 8 operating system’s virtual keyboard. (NEVERMIND)

You’re unable to deploy the Education Software Installer MSI file by command line in the Windows 8 operating system. (A SHAME BUT ILL WORK AROUND IT)

They forget to mention the tiny issue that is your smartboard wont actuary work as a mouse in windows 8.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread