It looks pretty decent too.
Source: Twitter (via Windows Experience Blog) / Download (Windows Store)
Today, we are releasing Twitter for Windows 8, a new app that makes it easier than ever to share and discover content on Windows 8 devices. In addition to familiar Twitter features, including the Home, Connect, Discover, and Me tabs, this app introduces new functionality that takes advantage of unique Windows 8 features.
- Snap view: Use another app alongside Twitter. Snap Twitter into the left or right side of the screen and then start using another app. You’ll be able to keep up with the conversations that are happening on Twitter while you watch a streaming video or read a news story. With snap view, you can adjust the size of the app to one-third, two-thirds or full screen.
- Photos: Large and center. With an all-new landscape view, not only can you view a larger version of individual photos, but you can also swipe horizontally to view multiple photos in the Discover tab or a user’s profile. Tap a photo to view it in full screen, which showcases large photos in the center of the screen, or view the photo gallery from your favorite users.
- Share charm: Tweet from any app, at any time. Simply swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 and then choose the Share charm to share content from any app, such as a photo or news article, to Twitter.
- Search charm: Search when you’re inspired. Similar to the Share charm, the Search charm makes it easy to find an account or see Tweets using a certain hashtag. Just swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 from any app and select the Search charm.
- Live Tiles and notifications: Don’t miss a beat. Keep up with what’s happening on Twitter using the Twitter Live Tiles and notifications, which show no matter which app you’re running.
Twitter for Windows 8 is available now in the Windows Store in 22 languages. We’re excited to bring this Twitter app to Windows 8 users, and hope you’ll enjoy it too.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)