+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Hmmmmmmm...... in Technical; So...I saw that I can buy Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft for just 24.95... ...but then I see that the ...

Thank Post

Hmmmmmmm......

So...I saw that I can buy Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft for just 24.95...

...but then I see that the minimum specification include a screen at 1366 768 i.e. widescreen...

I have to ask...what sort of idiot designs an operating system that requires a specific screen ratio?

How hard can it be to design the system to adapt to whatever screen dimensions are available?

Maybe I am being too critical but this does not seem like a step forward to me.

...oh and by the way, my wife has just been given a lovely Nokia 610 Windows phone by her employer and I have to say that I rather like it...and that does not have a widescreen so why do they insist that my desktop must have!

Thank Post
    Its nothing more than the min resolution to do 'Snapping' in modern UI style applications - this allow one application to chew though 1/3 of the screen and another to take up 2/3.

Its been a pain of some netbook users but other than that it shouldn't be an issue for most.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information