Can you manage Windows 7 specific settings via a Server 2003.
I have read that if you don't have a 2008 server, you have to get a Windows 7 machine and specifically use that for editing the policies.
Has anyone else experience of this ?Quote:
) Get a server 2008 r2 disc
2) Login to a Windows 7 SP1 or 2008 R2 SP1 system as your domain admin account (must have schema admin permission)
3) Extend the schema & domain (Prepare Your Infrastructure for Upgrade)
4) Dedicate a workstation or server for the sole purpose of managing the Windows 7 / 2008 R2 GPOs
5) Install the RSAT Tools for Win7 SP1 (Download: Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details) OR Use 2008R2 SP1's Server Manager and install RSAT tools from there
6) You can now manage Windows 7 / Server 2008 GPO objects for your domain. These policies *MUST* be created & managed by this machine until you install Server 2008 R2 domain controllers