Can anybody help me solve a issues I have been trying to solve for months.
Basically I can install all the camera's okay expect 1 camera. It is an outside old system and when it try's to install I get a message saying "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher"
It's a HCNetVideoActiveX.cab file.
I have tried everything Help Please.
Isn't that UAC related?
Try dropping it down a level or disabling it.
That sounds like an activex issue. In internet explorer, there are security settings to allow unverified publishers. Your best bet is to add that camera to the trusted sites zone and ensure that zone allows untrusted activex controls to install.
We have solved a similar issue with our CCTV system active x problem.
We have written down complete IE instructions as how to allow it.
I will post it on Monday for you from work.
Thank-you , That would really help
Here is the information
First Section is the registry setting. Try to go to the second section ( IE Settings) first and see if this can resolve your issue if not then go for the registry settings ( First Section ) too.
CCTV registry setting is also attached with this post ( It is doing exactly what is explained in the Section 1 ). Please test it before using it in a production server/PC. We do not take any responsibility for any undesirable result.
1. Registry information
1. Exit all instances of Internet Explorer.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
5. Type FEATURE_USE_SHORT_NAMES_AX_CDL_KB2310253, and then press ENTER.
6. Click FEATURE_USE_SHORT_NAMES_AX_CDL_KB2310253.
7. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
8. Type iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.
9. Right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
10. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
11. Exit Registry Editor.
2. Internet Explorer Settings
1. Open internet explorer, click Tools Internet Options .
2. Click the Security tab Custom Level button.
Under ActiveX ensure the following are set to enabled
Run ActiveX and plug-ins Enabled
Download Signed ActiveX Control Enabled
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Enabled
Set the following to Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX Control Prompt
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not mark as safe Prompt
3. Click OK and Apply and OK. Restart the browser.