Anyone ever have WMI go legs up on them? In my 15 years of working IT I never have and of course the very first time I have to deal with it it hits my Windows 7 x64 base image. I first noticed it when trying to activate Office 2010 using the OSPP.vbs script; it was giving me an error code of -2147217406.. It was failing hard and so was another script I use for post-image related tasks. I then found this in the Event Log:
Running the WMI Diagnostic utility was also filled with similar errors.
Windows Management Instrumentation ADAP failed to connect to namespace \\.\root\cimv2 with the following error 0x80041002
After messing around with a couple potential fixes the only thing that cured it was stopping the WMI service and resetting the WMI repository using this command:
You can test it by either running a script that calls to WMI, or using a built-in utility in Windows to connect.
What bugs me is that I don't know what caused it. The only changes I made to image since the last update was these:
I suspect it was one of the updates; the last time it was ran was 8/22. Fun times... I got to waste an entire morning ironing this out. Now to sysprep and resend this pig of an image back up to WDS. :rolleyes:
Image Revision: 2013/10/23
-Installed Java 7u40
-Added registry keys to disable sponsor in Java Update
-Removed Start Menu group
-Installed Windows Live Movie Maker 2012
-Installed Flash 11.9.900.117
-Installed Reader 11.0.04
-Installed Google Chrome 30.0.1599.101
-Updated OEM information
You able to put the above into a word or pdf document - tried using a pdf writer ( PDF Creator ) etc but it is truncating the content that is inside code type boxes, arrggghhh
check your path variable. ive seen quicktime break it by missing a ; out of path so wbem folder wasnt pathed and wmi died
Originally Posted by mac_shinobi
Perfect thanks !!
Originally Posted by Duke5A