HTTP 400 error
Bit of an odd one, experiencing HTTP 400 errors accessing some web sites. These sites are hosted internally, so we are using a "friendly name" for access. When using this name this is where we receive the error. If using the IP, the site loads.
Now comes the odd part.....this only happens for certain users. We have tested a non working user on a known to be working pc and the issue remains.
The non working users can ping the friendly name and the correct IP comes back. If I put the friendly name in the hosts file, then this works.
I have run a netmon between comparing a working user and non working, and there appear to be a number of missing transaction from the non working user, mainly around Kerberos. Looking in AD the 2 users account appear to be configured the same.
Ok - believe I found the answer to my own problem, so thought I'd share...it appears my users are in too many AD groups
"HTTP 400 - Bad Request (Request Header too long)" error in Internet Information Services (IIS)
Try using UA pick to spoof the ie header. We had this problem a very long time ago.