+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Offline Files in Win 7 using GPO in Technical; I am having some real frustration getting local group policy working with offline files. Basically the environment this will be ...

Thank Post

Offline Files in Win 7 using GPO

I am having some real frustration getting local group policy working with offline files. Basically the environment this will be used in is one server that will host the files that are to be synced with laptops that will do the syncing. I've set the "Assign offline files administratively" policy with the network path as well as a few other configurations such as when to sync and whatnot and I have not had any luck getting this to work. Just nothing happens. I am missing something, I think. Is this feature for machines running on a domain only? I've looked through the documentation a few times and I've not came across anything at this point and I'm hoping one of you could provide me with some insight. It would be much appreciated.

Basically after setting this group policy, I run gpupdate /force and restart the machine to no avail. When I right click on the folder in which I am wanting to sync, I can still see the "Make available offline" option and it is unchecked.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Local policy on each machine or domain GPO. Are you trying to apply it to the user or the computer policy.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the new post. Local group policy. I set administratively assigned GPO on the user first and then I did both user and computer.

Thank Post
    Just an update to the solution to my issues: permissions. Apparently the files on the server that were copied over had some permissions that also were copied over that were unexpected.

Windows permissions are making my head spin... NTFS... Share... "public folder"... and the combination of the three... x_x

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread