+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, remove or hide open file location in rightclick optin in Technical; please help me,,, i would like to remove open file location in rightclick option in program shortcuts or games especialy, ...

Thank Post

remove or hide open file location in rightclick optin

please help me,,,

i would like to remove open file location in rightclick option in program shortcuts or games especialy, the reason why iwant this remove is because for security reasons and the fact that they usually delete it by accident or intention,, so i want it remove or hide,, i have tried shellxview but no luck, i have google for answer but no luck also,, and the fact that i hve no group policy so i think the onl way is o play tricks with the registry so guys help me,,
    ill be waiting for feedbackss
    Thanks in advance,,,

i am running windows 7 starter edition,

Thank Post
    4 days 20+ view and still no reply, come on guys? does this mean no one knows how to do this on win 7 starter>>

even thou ill be patiently wwaiting for someone to give me an aid bout this..

thanks advance,,,

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Windows 7 Starter is barely an OS and managment options are extremely limited. There may be a hack to turn off the explorer right click menu entirely but there is not an easy way to switch off options granularly. You are not really gaining any security by removing it, just slowing people down by a few seconds.

Thank Post
    thanks SYNACk for the reply...

yes i know windows 7 starter has very limited capabilities when is comes to security///

i have tried using windows tweaking tools like win bubble and shellxview but still no luck with removing open file location option in
    and removing the entire rightclick option isnt really comfortable as some other pc users are not as use to this..
    and another thing, i have also block access to regedit, control panel, run command, taskbar and hide the disk drive that contains the file of the game and applications.
    so the only thing thats bothers me know is how to remove this open file location option..

hope you can help me on this men,,,

maybe you can give me tips how or guide on how to delete this from the regedit maybe?>
    i know i sound quite demanding on this but i just eager to know how to do this..

BIG THANKS >>>>>>>

AND FOr those who may read this a short reply would be a so nice...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread