+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Impero and AQA Secureassess in Technical; Hi All, I have a problem with the combination of Impero and AQA Secureassess Exam software and wondered if anyone ...

Thank Post

Impero and AQA Secureassess

Hi All,
    I have a problem with the combination of Impero and AQA Secureassess Exam software and wondered if anyone else has noticed this problem.

AQA Secureassess and Impero has worked without problems for a few years now but when I tried to run the AQA software a few days ago I get the message "Secure Client Core - Errors were found when creating an instance of the Assessment Service Errorcode:807". The exam software then crashes.

Logon as a domain admin and the software works, log on as student/staff member with restriced access I get the above message.

On workstations without Impero installed it works fine. Install Impero and it stops working right away. I have tried going back a version with Impero to 3108 and I get the same result. Uninstalling Impero does not fix the problem, so far only a work station rebuild.

Network type: RM CC4
    Windows 7 SP1.

Anyone else running the same combination as above without problem?

Thanks
    Jim

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JScott View Post
    Hi All,
    I have a problem with the combination of Impero and AQA Secureassess Exam software and wondered if anyone else has noticed this problem.

AQA Secureassess and Impero has worked without problems for a few years now but when I tried to run the AQA software a few days ago I get the message "Secure Client Core - Errors were found when creating an instance of the Assessment Service Errorcode:807". The exam software then crashes.

Logon as a domain admin and the software works, log on as student/staff member with restriced access I get the above message.

On workstations without Impero installed it works fine. Install Impero and it stops working right away. I have tried going back a version with Impero to 3108 and I get the same result. Uninstalling Impero does not fix the problem, so far only a work station rebuild.

Network type: RM CC4
    Windows 7 SP1.

Anyone else running the same combination as above without problem?

Thanks
    Jim
    Not heard anyone having issues however what can do is on the server add an injection exclusion entry for the software and that should solve your issue in short term.

Russell
    Last edited by russdev; 17th June 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi Russell,

Thanks for the reply. I had one of the Impero support guys remote desktop into our server / console and he made a software exclusion for the AQA software and it did not fix the problem.
    I have been in school for a few hours today having another look at this problem. I have found how to get the exam software running again. I recorded what files were being modified by Impero on install and I have traced the problem to the following file
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONF IG\machine.config
    Impero created a backup of this file during its installation (machine.config.bak). If I delete the new machine.config file and restore the original pre Impero file the AQA software starts working again.
    I have tried on several computers today and all are now working again. However, after a reboot this file is restored to the ‘broken’ version by the Impero Client SVC service.
    If I uninstall Impero from the workstation and restore the machine.config file the AQA software continues to work after a reboot.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jim

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I will check with developers and feed back to Donovan (support guy who took your call). I know we edit this file on start up of the Impero client service due to limitations of .net but not sure why need to found out I was told once but knowledge escapes me...

Russell

Thank Post
    Excellent, thank you.
    I am not sure why it has stopped working. My only thought is a Windows update has altered something in the past couple of months.

Cheers
    Jim

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Have you had an upgrade to AQA recently?

Thank Post
    Same version as before. I have tried the latest version from AQA with the same results as before.

Jim

Thank Post
    I found the problem. Impero changes the tempFilesLocation in the Windows folder. Once you grant full access to C:\Windows\TempXMLSerialize both Impero and AQA secureassess works fine.

Jim

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread