+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 x64 Drivers for LSI 20160 SCSI Adaptor in Technical; Originally Posted by PiqueABoo Might get spanked for this, we'll see but the file I mentioned is attached (and that ...
    Thank Post

Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    Might get spanked for this, we'll see but the file I mentioned is attached (and that is what it was called). Again haven't got a clue whether it works as advertised, eats children and so on.
    Hi

Have you got the drivers for this card please

LSI Logic Ultra160 PCI SCSI Adapter; 53C1010-66 Device

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rckngslnd View Post
    Hi

Have you got the drivers for this card please

LSI Logic Ultra160 PCI SCSI Adapter; 53C1010-66 Device
    The driver provided above is the one you need. The LSI 20160 SCSI adaptor reports itself as a "53C1010-66 Device" in Windows 7 Device Manager.

Nigel.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty_Nigel View Post
    This was extremely well timed. I tried out the new driver/controller by connecting an LTO2 drive and running a full backup to a spare tape. (I don’t' usually worry about workstation backups as everything is on the server.)

Anyhow, switched on this morning, "attempting to boot from HDD". Half an hour later, still "attempting to boot from HDD".

The original disk with Xp on it fired up without any problems, so we are currently transferring all the data back from the tape to a new HDD.

Just shows you can never rely on anything. This is an 18 month old HP machine which has never given a moment's problem before. Running WD diagnostic from another workstation it seems that the drive is recognised all the time, but is reading and writing only intermittently. Most odd.

NN
    Just as a post script on the above, I have now suffered a second idential HDD failure within two week!

(The problem seems to be that the Registry / MBR / FAT or whatever is being corrupted when the machine tries to shut down.)

I don't think this is connected with the SCSI controller or driver, but I thought I should mention it just in case anyone else has the same problem.

I will post this as a seprate question on the forum.

NN
    Last edited by Naughty_Nigel; 2nd July 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thank Post
    @PiqueABoo - Many Thanks! Your drivers got my card working under Win7 x64 - thanks for the effort, much appreciated!

Thank Post

LSI Logic PCI Ultra 160 driver that works for win7

after having a few issues with a PCi-E to PCI card adapter, I was able to find a driver that allows the LSI Ultra Scsi 160 from my XW 5000 workstation to be used in Win7 without it complaining that the driver was for the wrong platform. This one is pretty old..but it sure has the right stuff. Found it via cnet, but it's only for this specific chipset..the LSI Card badged drivers all had issues resulting in no operation. Going for the chipset driver yielded the expectd resulted..surprising when you not the build date on the driver.. I had installed win7 on the xw a few years ago, but I couldn't afford all the software updates I needed for a real move to win7..I had a vague memory of using the scsi controller for booting.

anyhow..if you're still wanting to use scsi I salute you wih the following screen shots from my win7 setup. EVGA Z68 ftw mb core i5 lots of sata drives and some vintage 1992 scsi hard disks. I used a startech pci-e to PCI card adapter to install the LSI in an open PCI-e slot..so to speak, I'm really reaching back in time with this part of my setup.
    scsi.jpg

Oh yeah..you can find this driver package here....:

http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/...ta_1.28.03.zip
    Last edited by nmpeter; 24th December 2012 at 11:25 PM.

Yar

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    Might get spanked for this, we'll see but the file I mentioned is attached (and that is what it was called). Again haven't got a clue whether it works as advertised, eats children and so on.
    Yeah I know, old thread, but it saved me. Thanks PiqueABoo very much for your upload. These drivers (as it turned out) also work for the older LSI (Symbios 22801) dual controller, in Windows 7 Ultimate. These controllers use the "53C875/876" controller chips. I installed using the drivers update feature in device manager, then directed the manager to a USB drive with this uncompacted ucode. Win 7 device manager is content, I'm content, and the world is a better place, well two out of three isn't bad. I can access my archived data drives, and my tape library drives.

Yar

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12