+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Print driver was not installed access is denied in Technical; I've got a problem with a lab which no longer has access to the printer in the room. Printers have ...

Thank Post

Print driver was not installed access is denied

I've got a problem with a lab which no longer has access to the printer in the room. Printers have been mapped and it does actually map printers but not a HP model. We are currently moving printers over to another server due to hardware problems, and some drivers have been altered to migrate them, but due to causing problems on some clients have been reset back to working order.

What I was getting is a permissions error when trying to connect to the specified printer, but even if I try to add the printer manually I still get the same error. I have just tried to install it locally and see if I can get the drivers on there to see if it is a driver issue, but I have just got the error "Print driver was not installed access is denied" I'm logged on as an admin user and I've moved the PC out of any OU so it shouldn't be picking up any restrictions. I'm out of ideas at this point, has anyone got any suggestions of what I can try next?

Obvisouly the whole room is affected so I need to get this sorted as soon as possible

Thank Post
    Nevermind, after fighting all day, I re-installed the drivers again and it worked. I'm not sure that it was a driver issue as the new server which is currently being configured to take over didn't work this morning, but now it does.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread