Windows 7 Thread, County email and blackberries in Technical; outlook 2010 to exchange 2003 on windows 7
In outlook there's lot of weird delays. If you ctrl+click the icon ...
31st May 2012, 04:32 PM #1
County email and blackberries
outlook 2010 to exchange 2003 on windows 7
In outlook there's lot of weird delays. If you ctrl+click the icon to get connection status and reconnect it takes ages to do it.
We discovered if you try and ping exchange by netbios name it tries to ping an incorrect ip for this network. (it has 3 interfaces).
We then discovered if you untick ipv6 from lan adapter it instantly fixes the reconnect and ping problem.
We then discovered if you reboot, ipv6 is still unticked but all the problems have come back
Any idea on this?
oh...I accidentally pressed retrieve saved content and it changed the title of this post and I didn't realise
we found in
netsh dnsclient show state
there's an option
Query resolution behavior : resolve on IPv6 addresses for names
Last edited by browolf; 31st May 2012 at 04:49 PM.
31st May 2012, 05:47 PM #2
1st June 2012, 12:56 PM #3
Yeah we've tried that but it's not helping.
Actually we've also discovered a mac osx lion laptop has the same problem despite disabling ipv6 on there too.
On the primary dns all 3 interfaces of the mail server are listed, even the ones we can't see from our workstations.
I tried deleting the other 2 and it all worked for a few minutes until they mysteriously reappeared :-S
it's strange that the xp machines always get the right ip from the dns, a 2008r2 server
why does win7 talking to 2008r2 get the wrong one?
1st June 2012, 04:09 PM #4
We've determined the workstation reason of this problem
It's the way win7 deals with multiple ips returned from dns. Winxp always takes the top item of the list and goes with that. Win7 uses it's own set of rules to determine the correct order of the list first. Sometimes it gets the right ip first, sometimes it doesn't.
DNS Round Robin and Destination IP address selection - Microsoft Enterprise Networking Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
The "easiest" way to fix the problem is to prevent the dns providing 3 addresses on request. Manually deleting the other-than-this-network dns records fixes the problem for as long as the server doesn't get a zone transfer.
By garethedmondson in forum General Chat
Last Post: 17th August 2010, 12:39 AM
By AngryITGuy in forum School ICT Policies
Last Post: 31st July 2009, 02:04 PM
By e_g_r in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 12th November 2008, 07:26 PM
By cooper in forum Hardware
Last Post: 18th March 2008, 04:36 PM
By ozydave in forum Windows
Last Post: 28th January 2008, 01:17 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)