+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Folder Redirection Issues in Technical; Hi Guys DC- Win2008R2; FS - Win2008R2; Client: Win7Pro Sp1; Local Profile with Homefolder Direction Here at the school I ...

Thank Post

Folder Redirection Issues

Hi Guys

DC- Win2008R2; FS - Win2008R2; Client: Win7Pro Sp1; Local Profile with Homefolder Direction
    Here at the school I work at, we got a large issue with our folder direction.
    When a student logs on to a machine for the first time, the Document, Music and Picture Library's 80% doesn't redirect correctly.
    Also to make matters worse occasionally the Home folder (Doc redirection) wont map across either.
    Upon a second logon, the user has everything mapped, document library and home folder. The problem is, in a school environment this just can't happen and we are running of of things to try

Cheers

Dan

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boffinson View Post
    Hi Guys

DC- Win2008R2; FS - Win2008R2; Client: Win7Pro Sp1; Local Profile with Homefolder Direction
    Here at the school I work at, we got a large issue with our folder direction.
    When a student logs on to a machine for the first time, the Document, Music and Picture Library's 80% doesn't redirect correctly.
    Also to make matters worse occasionally the Home folder (Doc redirection) wont map across either.
    Upon a second logon, the user has everything mapped, document library and home folder. The problem is, in a school environment this just can't happen and we are running of of things to try

Cheers

Dan
    Somewhere on here there is a thread detailing 20+ hot fixes for Windows 7 SP1. A few cover folder redirection. I've had intermittent problems with desktop and start menu redirection only on machines with SP1 installed.

Thank Post
    Here is the link that Davit was talking about, hopefully, it'll help you out. I haven't even had the chance yet to really try them out yet to see if they make any real difference (I did get as far as downloading them at least )

List of Performance hotfixes post SP1 for Windows 7 SP1 - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottpowers82 View Post
    Here is the link that Davit was talking about, hopefully, it'll help you out. I haven't even had the chance yet to really try them out yet to see if they make any real difference (I did get as far as downloading them at least )

List of Performance hotfixes post SP1 for Windows 7 SP1 - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
    Well done Scott. I have the link at work but had left before saw the thread. I'm hoping SP2 is released in time for me to deploy over summer with all the hotfixes and a few less bugs ( hint, to any MS people watching ) . Has MS released an update before that has needed so many hotfixes. I did notice however that the redirection problems took over 3 months since deployment to start appearing even though were not deploying updates yet.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    This policy may be causing it:

Computer Config > Policies > Admin Templates > System > Logon - Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon - Enabled

Without this policy enabled, Folder Redirection will fail or not work as intended.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread