+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Visual Basic Editor - Office 2010 in Technical; Hi again everyone, I've opened this here rather than the Office forum, as it's a mix of Office 20120 Professional, ...

Thank Post

Visual Basic Editor - Office 2010

Hi again everyone,

I've opened this here rather than the Office forum, as it's a mix of Office 20120 Professional, Windows 7 and Group Policy on Server 2008 R2.

This may sound like a bit of a weird question, but I don't suppose anyone knows a way of disabling Visual Basic Editor in Office 2010? We're having a few issues, and could really do with disabling it if possible.

As I said above, we're using Office 2010 Professional, Window 7 Professional and Server 2008 R2 if it come down to disabling it via group policy.

Many Thanks

GreyFox

Thank Post
    By the sounds of this post (How to turn off Visual Basic for Applications when deploying Office 2003 or Office XP) you are trying to disable the "Visual Basic for Applications" service. From a quick Google search there doesn't seem to be much information floating around.

Thank Post
    Although the wiki page could provide more infos!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,206 Posts
    I know Macros themselves are disabled by default in Office 2010 and this can be enabled using a GPO (as I've done it).

As for disabling the Visual Basic Editor itself, the only way that might be possible is to create an admin install of Office 2010 then to Customise the installation of what components you want installed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,771 Posts
    You could use the method described in this thread to either disable the entire Developer toolbar or specific buttons via their Control IDs (also shown in the screenshot below).

If you do not already have the Office 2010 ADMX templates, you can download them from here and for details on where to copy them to click here.

To disable the Visual Basic button in Word for example, enable the 'Disable Commands' GPO, click the Show button and enter 1695 in the command bar ID box.

Code:
    User Configuation / Administrative Templates / Microsoft Word 2010 / Word Options / Disable Items In User Interface / Custom / Disable Commands
    Before

After

You may need to disable the relevant shortcut key(s) too.

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies. Sorry I've not been around - big office move here.
    Unfortunately Michael, creating a custom install is not really possible at this time, but worth looking in to for future images.
    The other two suggestions sound rather promising. I've just had a look in GPMC. For some reason I can't upload a screenshot, but:

Computer Configuation / Policies / Administrative Templates / Microsoft Office 2010 / Security Settings / *Disable VBA for Office Applications*

is there. So we've obviously installed some of the templates. I shall give that a try once we've got our worktops sorted.

Many Thanks

GreyFox

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread