+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Windows 7 Thread, What does everyone use for VNC`ing into Windows 7 machines? in Technical; We have impero across the site (I know its not free though) which the staff use for classroom management. As ...
    Thank Post
    We have impero across the site (I know its not free though) which the staff use for classroom management. As an admin tool it is rather useful as well, we no longer have the issue of 'what PC are you logged on to' as we can search for the particular username in the list to view

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    Ooohh any chance of the source for this?
    Here it is. It's still a bit rough and I'm sure my coding skills can greatly be improved upon, but it does function as intended on both Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. If you don't have VB .Net 2010 installed, there is a compiled version in \ZenControl\Compiled. Everything you need to run it is in that folder.

You need to have management, remote registry, and admin share access to the client you're trying to connect to. Windows 7 will need the remote registry service started through policy, as well as Secure Attention Sequence enabled and set to services. Without SAS enabled you will not be able to send CTRL-ALT-DEL key sequences through VNC to Windows Vista/7. Don't forget to open port 5900 on the client's firewall too if you have it running.

That's all I can think of. Give it a try and drop me some feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Thanks to Duke5A from:

sister_annex (27th March 2012)

Thank Post
    UltraVNC because it's free and has a 'silent' option

hit
    Thank Post
    Was using tightVNC until last week but since changing to LGfL2 they have bundled CentraStage for free, which I have to say is A-MAZ-ING!

Thank Post
    Have had success with both UltraVNC and tightVNC. Can't really fault either but to be fair they only got used a small amount

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgemaster View Post
    Surely asking for permission is a huge hassle? What if you want to grab a few computers to test something on?
    With ultraVNC the ask permission dialog only appears if a user is logged in. With the machine at the logon screen you can just gain control so if you want to test something out then there is no problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    We cant put VNC out because of the lack of privacy it causes for staff using the machines (they don't want us Technicians spying on them!). They don't like the fact that we could just view a screen without their knowledge. :/
    When I first got my job in the school they had no way of remoting to a machine to help out, not great with a two site school and all of the support staff located on one site. So before I got round to a full install of VNC I started using ultraVNC single click (Single Click - UltraVNC - VNC - Remote Support Software - Remote PC Access Service - UVNC - Free - OpenSource). This way when a member of staff phoned up asking for help I got them to run the application, it connects to a listening VNC client. As the software is under their control there can be no complaints about you 'spying' on them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke5A View Post
    Here it is. It's still a bit rough and I'm sure my coding skills can greatly be improved upon, but it does function as intended on both Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. If you don't have VB .Net 2010 installed, there is a compiled version in \ZenControl\Compiled. Everything you need to run it is in that folder.

You need to have management, remote registry, and admin share access to the client you're trying to connect to. Windows 7 will need the remote registry service started through policy, as well as Secure Attention Sequence enabled and set to services. Without SAS enabled you will not be able to send CTRL-ALT-DEL key sequences through VNC to Windows Vista/7. Don't forget to open port 5900 on the client's firewall too if you have it running.

That's all I can think of. Give it a try and drop me some feedback!
    Hi Duke,

Great tools.. But when I try to connect, it comes with an error 429, cannot create ActiveX object component. Any advice?

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234