+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, RM Notebook Value 220 not picking up wireless til we log on in Technical; This will connect prelogon using the administrator tool, but assigns a 162 range IP, whereas we use 172, which is ...

Thank Post
    This will connect prelogon using the administrator tool, but assigns a 162 range IP, whereas we use 172, which is the range the wireless points also use. This still doesn't allow domain users to logon - gives the no logon servers available error, as it's not yet connecting properly.
    Okay - update - I've just noticed the wireless light flashes orange before the bios screen, then doesn't come on again until it's after the logon when it flashes green. there's no settings I can see in the bios to do with the wireless, it's a very limited bios.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denon101 View Post
    Lora

Have you got the option in your GPO set so that the laptop will wait until network is ready? As we had similar problems but once we enabled that option they went away. The only thing is booting to the logon box will take longer and you will have to let your users know this.
    Yes we do...

Thank Post
    RM are referring this to the next line support.
    Does anyone have any laptops with Centrino Advanced-N 6200 that are ok on their network?

Thank Post
    Well..............

We have 6 Samsung 400B's that use that card. We have a ruckus wireless managed soloution. We had an issue with those cards that using WPA2 and AES they would connect but there was little or no data throughput. We changed it to TKIP and everything works. There was a page about it on the Intel site. I will see if I can find it. But that is not really the issue you have.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from RM or even Intel?

5. Thanks to denon101 from:

Thank Post
    Yes we have the latest drivers from Intel, I requested drivers from RM and they sent out a man with a new motherboard, although I did get him to flash the BIOS while he was here. Does your wireless light come on when windows gets to the logon screen or only after the user is logged on like ours do?

Thanks

Laura

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What APs do you have. Is their firmware up to date?
    Have you tried enabling the High Performance power profile in windows?
    What channel are they on?
    Have you ried a completely clean install of W7 with just the drivers? Have you tried the factory installed image?
    What do you see if you enable WLAN logging (Using the Windows 7 Event log to check WLAN Link Quality « Anything about IT)

Thank Post
    What APs do you have. Is their firmware up to date? We use D-Link DWL-2200, and I don't think this is going to be the issue as there's no problem getting connected once we're logged on and the wireless decides to take some power and turn itself on.
    Have you tried enabling the High Performance power profile in windows? Yes
    What channel are they on? we alternate 1, 6 and 11 in adjacent locations
    Have you ried a completely clean install of W7 with just the drivers? yes
    Have you tried the factory installed image? yes, this was the first instance
    What do you see if you enable WLAN logging...I'll check now

Thank Post
    Did you get anywhere with this?
    We bought 20 odd RM Value 220's and we're having exactly the same problem. We're running CC4 on XP clients.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This will connect prelogon using the administrator tool, but assigns a 162 range IP, whereas we use 172, which is the range the wireless points also use. This still doesn't allow domain users to logon - gives the no logon servers available error, as it's not yet connecting properly.
    Okay - update - I've just noticed the wireless light flashes orange before the bios screen, then doesn't come on again until it's after the logon when it flashes green. there's no settings I can see in the bios to do with the wireless, it's a very limited bios.
    A 162 IP is a link local address meaning that DHCP isn't getting a chance to run. Usually this is because of a buggy driver and it requires the DHCP media sense to be turned off. This however leads to a 60 second wait on startup as the machine can no longer tell when the wireless connection is fully connected.

We have a couple of laptops like this its a right pain!! Updating to W7 has sorted those laptops though.

The key is:

From the website : How to disable the Media Sensing feature for TCP/IP in Windows

1. Start Registry Editor.
    2. Locate the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet \Services\Tcpip\Parameters

3. Add the following registry entry to theParameters
      subkey:Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
      Data type: REG_DWORD (Boolean)
      Value: 1
      Note This entry controls the behavior of Media Sensing. By default, Media Sensing events trigger a DHCP client to take an action. For example, when a connect event occurs, the client tries to obtain a lease. When a disconnect event occurs, the client may invalidate the interface and routes. If you set this value data to 1, DHCP clients and non-DHCP clients ignore Media Sensing events.
    4. Restart the computer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12