+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows 7 Thread, MANDATORY PROFILE for students - Can anyone please share a "working" profile with me? in Technical; Originally Posted by clarky2k3 Thanks that works very well! However once the user logs in the second time to the ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky2k3 View Post
    Thanks that works very well! However once the user logs in the second time to the same pc, it completely ignores the group policy and allows them to change internet explorer options etc... Has anyone got any ideas why this happens?
    I hit the exact same issue!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross2k5 View Post
    I hit the exact same issue!
    I have got round the issue at the moment by using delprof as a script, it is creating a local profile for the user and then the second time they logon they are using that local profile.

Thank Post
    Ive got an issue here where my folder redirection just wont work. .

Need to have a good sit down and look at these mandatory profiles!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky2k3 View Post
    Thanks that works very well! However once the user logs in the second time to the same pc, it completely ignores the group policy and allows them to change internet explorer options etc... Has anyone got any ideas why this happens?
    I am having this exact same issue with a mandatory profile I created. First time logon for a student and the GPO applies perfectly. any subsequent logon and the GPO does not apply. While testing this, I noticed that I used "student12" to initially setup my mandatory profile and student12 is the only one that can logon multiple times and have the GPO applied. When all other students logon for the 2nd time, the GPO does not apply. (logon as an admin to the machine and remove the profiles for Studnet13, student14 etc and then when they logon for the 1st time again the GPO works.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys,

We've just starting to look into Mandatory Profiles. I've followed various guides but have issues with all of them. I think the first guide I followed was the Microsoft one, or one from them at least. This seems to mostly work fine. Everything looked the same and seemed to work. It's a very basic profile. I've not changed anything on it, as we use Group Policy to define our student start menus etc. The only issue I had with this was the fact that every Word document I save has 'Administrator' as the author.

I tried the method that was linked earlier from:

Mandatory Profiles Solution for Windows 7 | K-5 Computer Lab

This method changed the background colour from our normal blue, to black, and popped up an error/warning message about Macros; "The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When this software was installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls" - which I can't seem to shift. Even when I change settings in Group Policy to hide them. I was also pestered about saving default template etc whenever I closed Word. So this profile isn't suitable. On the plus side, the author is the user, not administrator.

I tried the profile Callum kindly uploaded, but that appears to be the same as my first attempt, although with the addition of the macro message - but not the template.

Any ideas please?

Many Thanks

GreyFox
    Last edited by GreyFox; 20th July 2012 at 11:01 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123