+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Windows 7 Thread, Shutdown Button Missing in Technical; logonscreenshot].png I have notice that the shutdown button from the logon screen has been going missing on machine but then ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Shutdown Button Missing

    logonscreenshot].png

    I have notice that the shutdown button from the logon screen has been going missing on machine but then appears back after it has been rebooted, anyone else seen this or herd of this and what causes it?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    173
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    the only time I know of the button disappearing is when a user is logged in and either 'switch user' is used or when the computer comes out of standby and requests a password.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    on our domain we dont allow user switching but the machines do go to sleep after 30 mins thanks for that i will go and test that now.

  4. #4

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,991
    Thank Post
    851
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    764
    Not an answer to your question but what is the application your using there to get remote access to the machine?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    173
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Not an answer to your question but what is the application your using there to get remote access to the machine?
    yeh if remote desktop is being used the shutdown button is removed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Not an answer to your question but what is the application your using there to get remote access to the machine?
    i am using some really good software called impero Impero Classroom and Computer Lab Management Software

  7. Thanks to ptotham from:

    SYNACK (3rd November 2011)

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    I have gone to machine physically and the button has been missing.

  9. Thanks to ptotham from:

    russdev (3rd November 2011)

  10. #8

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,915
    Thank Post
    708
    Thanked 549 Times in 364 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by ptotham View Post
    i am using some really good software called impero Impero Classroom and Computer Lab Management Software

    We have not paid him honest in fact opposite he paid us technically...

  11. #9

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,991
    Thank Post
    851
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    We have not paid him honest in fact opposite he paid us technically...
    @russdev - Your marketing team still missed the boat on that one for passive advertising. If it had said in the titlebar "Impero Remote Control" it would still be unobtrusive but would helpfully brand all screenshots where people were showing things. This would save questions like mine above and could passivly lead to better market saturation with almost zero effort on your (companies) part.

  12. #10

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,991
    Thank Post
    851
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by ptotham View Post
    I have gone to machine physically and the button has been missing.
    As to the button being missing do you have any GPOs that restrict shutdown for certain users. If there is one that prevents a certain batch of users from shutting down this may remain in force after they have logged off hiding the button.

    You could also try adding a machine GPO to allow guests to shutdown the computer which may bring it back.

  13. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    As to the button being missing do you have any GPOs that restrict shutdown for certain users. If there is one that prevents a certain batch of users from shutting down this may remain in force after they have logged off hiding the button.

    You could also try adding a machine GPO to allow guests to shutdown the computer which may bring it back.
    No there are no restrictions on who can and can't shutdown machines, i will give the guest shutdown idea ago and see what happens, the weird thing is if it was a gpo i wouldn't have thought rebooting the machine would make it come back unless we had set a user GPO.

  14. #12

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,915
    Thank Post
    708
    Thanked 549 Times in 364 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    @russdev - Your marketing team still missed the boat on that one for passive advertising. If it had said in the titlebar "Impero Remote Control" it would still be unobtrusive but would helpfully brand all screenshots where people were showing things. This would save questions like mine above and could passivly lead to better market saturation with almost zero effort on your (companies) part.
    lol

    Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th June 2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Why is the Shutdown button greyed out?
    By elsiegee40 in forum Windows
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19th March 2010, 10:27 AM
  3. Security Permissions Missing
    By jonny_valentine in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th November 2005, 03:39 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14th October 2005, 09:28 AM
  5. Extranet logout button?
    By intrigue in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th September 2005, 11:32 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •