+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 USB problems in Technical; I installed a new network over the summer and we now run a mixture of thin and fat client machines. ...
    Thank Post

Windows 7 USB problems

I installed a new network over the summer and we now run a mixture of thin and fat client machines. The fat machines are now running Windows 7 (32bit) and I am having loads of problems with USB/firewire ports. There not recognising USB devices on some, are on others and also camera's and firewire devices don't work. Has anyone else had similiar problems since moving to Windows 7?

I know that with XP you could simply plug in a USB camera and it would work by navigating to My Computer and simply running it from there. In Windows 7 you now need 3rd party software to launch the camera, although it will work fine with things like skype, MSN etc.

If anyone has any ideas/info with this one I'd really appreciate it as its causing me many problems with the iMedia class who need access to a whole host of USB devices to complete their work.
    Cheers

Thank Post
    We had to revert a pc back to XP as we couldn't get the firewire card to work at all. I have had problems with the USB ports not responding with a service control manager error in the event log which I have yet to investigate.....
    We have also discovered that although Windows 7 shows that it is happy with the device drivers, it lies! We have had to install older drivers from the vendors website to get audio or video to work properly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can't say I've seen these problems. There may be some gpo stuff you need to look at to allow users to install classes of drivers. Remember uac will prevent most things. I will put up a blog post about this later today when I can screenie my gpos

4. Thanks to TheScarfedOne from:

newpersn (20th October 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread