+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Brother Printers Windows 7 in Technical; Hi All, I'm aware that people (many people) have been having issues with windows 7 and printing so I thought ...

Thank Post

Brother Printers Windows 7

Hi All,

I'm aware that people (many people) have been having issues with windows 7 and printing so I thought I'd jump in with my peculiar problem. We have a couple of Brother printers, (HL-2140 and 2030), locally attached to Windows 7 machines in the school. They seem to have installed correctly, showing up in devices and printers, with the latest drivers from the brother site but when you go to print a test page nothing happens. If you unplug the USB cable or the power then the printer icon goes grey, plug it back in and it becomes solid again.

I have tried uninstalling the printers, reinstalling, deleting the driver and reinstalling, logged in both locally and on the network but nothing appears to be helping. My latest workaround was to install XP mode virtual machine and install there, which worked fine, but this is not really a usable fix.

Can anyone help me?? please??

Thanks

John

Thank Post
    I had a lot of trouble with our HL-2150. Brother have about 5 different drivers for it and only one worked very well. I recommend going through the Brother download page for your printers and try each driver there until you get one that works. I'm pretty sure the universal drivers were a total bust.

Thank Post
    From what I could see there was only one driver for this model but will have another look. I even tried upgrading the firmware but it fails hard

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Use the vendor drivers from the brother site rather than the ones from windows update, Brothers junk goes to sleep but won't wake up with the built in driver. We had a stack of these little nightmares which I had the pleasure of auctioning off eairlier this year, best move ever.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread