+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Win7, IE9, random flakeouts. in Technical; Is anyone running Win7 with IE9? If so, has anyone had issues with it flaking out and bombing, when using ...
    Thank Post

Win7, IE9, random flakeouts.

Is anyone running Win7 with IE9? If so, has anyone had issues with it flaking out and bombing, when using e-portal/google search/other sites?

It seems to come and go, and some of our users are getting quite annoyed with it. Mine was doing it for a week or so, especially if I had scripts enabled on a google search. I'm finding our web helpdesk can cause it to flake 6-7 times a day at the second. OK, it'll try to recover the tab, but sometimes it tries, fails, tries, fails and gets itself stuck until it gives up.

Tiny bit at a dead end here....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Works alright here with all the updates installed. Did flake a bit at the start but after the updates it is much better. We are running it mostly on 64bit platforms.

Sites which did make it bomb alot before were the ones using copeious amounts of scruffy javascript nonsence like google and edugeek along with a bunch of online computer magizine type sites that had five times as many js powered ads and stupid toolbars as they did content.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Is anyone running Win7 with IE9? If so, has anyone had issues with it flaking out and bombing, when using e-portal/google search/other sites?

It seems to come and go, and some of our users are getting quite annoyed with it. Mine was doing it for a week or so, especially if I had scripts enabled on a google search. I'm finding our web helpdesk can cause it to flake 6-7 times a day at the second. OK, it'll try to recover the tab, but sometimes it tries, fails, tries, fails and gets itself stuck until it gives up.

Tiny bit at a dead end here....
    we are having similar issues here. I have tried firefox and that runs without any issues.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread