+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Cannot install 32bit Exchange Management tools for Exchange 2007 SP1 in Technical; Hi, I am having a few issues whilst trying to install 32bit Management tools for Exchange 2007 on my works ...

Thank Post

Cannot install 32bit Exchange Management tools for Exchange 2007 SP1

Hi,

I am having a few issues whilst trying to install 32bit Management tools for Exchange 2007 on my works machine.
    I am running SP1 for Windows 7, and am in an OU with some policies applied to it for basic configuration.
    I cannot for the life of me get the exchange management tools to install, since it keeps saying I need Administrator privileges on the machine to install.

I am a member of Domain Admins.

I have done the following:
    • Logged on as local administrator - install fails since it cannot "see active directory"
    • Used Group Policy to add Domain Admins to the local administrators group. I can check this has applied, and is fine.
    • Set "install with elevated privilages" on both the user(s) and machines concerned, but still no joy.

I can only assume that there is some other problem or GPO blocking it, as I have built a new VM with Windows 7 on the domain but in an OU free of any GPO's, and it has worked fine. The user logging on here is also in the "GPO free OU".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Right clicking on the setup.exe and clicking "run as administrtor" Otherwise it may not switched context to unisolated admin mode especially if you have disabled UAC for some reason.

Thank Post
    well you know it's some GPO (domain or local) which is stopping this, check out any restrictec groups and go through your GPO's to pinpoint

Thank Post
    UAC was disabled/off, and run as administrator worked fine. I guess win7 kind of has extra protection added in forextra security

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by _techie_ View Post
    UAC was disabled/off, and run as administrator worked fine. I guess win7 kind of has extra protection added in forextra security
    You see if you had let UAC on it probably would have just prompted you to elevate and then it would have just worked out of the box.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information