+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, smart notebook 10 wierd save issue in Technical; got a teacher here who is having issues with smart software. If she creates a new smart document, or tries ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

smart notebook 10 wierd save issue

got a teacher here who is having issues with smart software.

If she creates a new smart document, or tries to edit an existing one, sometimes she gets the error "unable to save the file"

this isnt a folder / file permsision issue as she can edit and save all other files in that location.. and its intermittent, sometimes it will let her save, sometimes it wont.

Ive never seen this before, Ive reimaged her laptop, created her a new profile, reinstalled / upgraded the smart software..

its a bit wierd.. cant see any reference of it on the smart support pages.. anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thank Post
    Yep had that with one teacher who was trying to save some work they had just done in class. Not seemed to have reappeared again so presumed it was off issue...or not as it may now seem!

Thank Post
    Sounds like we're missing something here. Have you had the laptop back yourself to test it and did you manage to recreate the problem? I always find problems like this tend to be with the user and not the laptop.

Things I think it could possibly be;
    Network connection - (dependant on where you're saving it) - I've seen problems like this before when moving from different wireless points around a building. It could even be picking up 2 different wireless points and exchanging connection between the two.

User error - It could be anything from saving with the wrong file name to corrupting the file with too many .jpegs (haven't really used the software in a while so i'm just speculating)

I hope i've given you some ideas, let me know what testing you've done and maybe we can narrow this down a bit more.

Thank Post
    We have two teachers experiencing the same issue.
    After making changes the user saves and an asterisk appears in the file name in the title bar. It appears to save normally but does not close the file and when the user clicks the close box - they are prompted to save again. If the user tries save as - the file will not save. It is sporadic but is becoming more prevalent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tchristopherson View Post
    We have two teachers experiencing the same issue.
    After making changes the user saves and an asterisk appears in the file name in the title bar. It appears to save normally but does not close the file and when the user clicks the close box - they are prompted to save again. If the user tries save as - the file will not save. It is sporadic but is becoming more prevalent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    yes thats the exact same issue i saw. Smart support have sent us a link to 10.8 which i installed for her on friday so will see how it goes, i thought we had downloaded the latest version from their website tbh but it seems it was only 10.77 or something

6. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

tchristopherson (10th September 2011)

Thank Post
    I am having the same issue - registry looks fine, standard notebooks are fine and inbuilt content is all ok. The issue happens when inking occurs either within the ink layer or straight into the notebook. Can anybody suggest a fix other than trash the notebook and start again?

What OS are you guys using?

Thank Post
    ı'm having the same problem everything looks fine. ı'm using win 7 os any of you suggest a solution to fix that annoying problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread